Jetbeam        

Thread: AE Light AEX25 25 watt HID "Handheld Searchlight" PRICE DROP 2/1/2021

Default AE Light AEX25 25 watt HID "Handheld Searchlight" PRICE DROP 2/1/2021

Hi all, I have an AE Light AEX25 HID "Handheld Searchlight" for sale. I purchased it from a fellow forum member in 2007 and it has sat on the shelf almost unused since then. I need to clear out some space, so I'm putting it up for sale.

The battery took a charge and the light works as expected. As far as I can tell it is in nearly perfect new condition, with maybe about 20 to 30 minutes of runtime, tops. Cosmetically the only thing I can see that's not new looking are the rubber parts, which have a powdery-looking patina. I think some automotive rubber dressing would probably clear that up.

Includes the case, light and battery, A/C charger, carrying strap, lens cloth, manual, and warranty card (everything it's supposed to come with new).

Specifications copied from manufacturer website:

25W HID Metal Halide
    Lumens: 1500±
    Projection distance: Up to 3000 ft
    Color Temperature: 6500K±
    Run time: 120 minutes w/4000mAh battery
    Length: 13.5 in., 343mm
    Weight: 32oz., 907gm.
    Light head: 3 in., 76.2mm
    Handgrip: 1.5 in., 38mm
    Battery: Rechargeable 4000mAh Lithium Ion,
    Power Switch: Push-button on/off
    Beam: 12deg. fixed
    Rating: IP67 (Water resistant to 2 meters limited duration)
    *IP68 (Totally protected against dust and protected against long periods of immersion under pressure). (*With waterproof battery) [ PLEASE NOTE: This light does not include the waterproof battery! ]
    Light body: Black hard-anodized aluminum
    Charger: 100/240VAC 50/60Hz & Optional DC 12-24VDC w/overcharge protection, LED indicator
    The light is still offered for sale from AE Light as well as a few online resellers. For more information about the light, see those websites.

Offering mine for sale for $350 (was $400), including shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Ground. Payment via PayPal is preferred.

Let me know if I can answer any questions about the light. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by RickB; 02-01-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Default Re: AE Light AEX25 25 watt HID "Handheld Searchlight"

Just popping in to add a totally non-scientific, just-for-fun rainy beamshot I took when I got the light out, charged it up, and tested it out.

Hi again! I'm not getting any action on this offering and I'm not sure why.

• Is it that HID is old news/old tech? I had hoped that there would still be some HID enthusiasts or collectors who would be interested in this light.
    • Concern about the age of the light? I've barely used it, so the lamp should have a lot of life left. The body is brand-new, no scratches or scuffs, etc. I could see concern about the age of the battery, but new batteries are for sale at the manufacturer and other places.
    • Have I got it priced wrong? It's available new, both from the manufacturer and various resellers, for prices ranging from about $500 to $530 or so. Given that this light is basically like new and comes with all the accessories, I felt $400 shipped would be fair. But maybe not?

I'm going to reduce the price to $350. Please let me know if you're interested in this light or have feedback about my thinking here. Thanks!

Bump ... for the effort you've taken to explain the product well, ask for input and adjust your pricing as you see fit . GLWS.

Enlightened

I'll admit, I was perusing this sub-forum more for a headlamp than a searchlight, but my guess would be that the slow action on this is more because of your first bullet point than the second. You can get a pretty decent LED searchlight with higher output, throw, and runtime for less $$, and in a smaller form factor. This is me personally now: having an interchangeable generic battery that can be swapped out, discarded/replaced inexpensively, and charged by a known charging algorithm is also preferred, and eliminates a leak potential in the light body.

I will also admit that there are other reasons to stick with an HID light, and I am sure there is some interest in the HID enthusiast camp, I just wanted to point out some thoughts from the LED camp. Best of luck!