Nichia 219c 4000k output a little low?

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Delta 219c 4000k and the card has it rated at 650 lumens, which was lower than expected considering the site advertises around 850 lumens. Can others with the 219c 4000k let me know what lumens you're getting.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be worong (I normally am), but I wonder if the 850+ on the website is Led Lumens and the 650 on your card is Out Front Lumens?

Doesn't help you at all, but it may be the reason.
P

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://budgetlightforum.com/node/51693
Judging by the test, even 1 219C can produce good brightness, it all depends on the developer's wishes (body size, turbo size, type of thermoregulation, etc.)

My clone Jaxman E2L with 3*219C 4000K Produces 800 lm OTF, but not for long, 30 seconds gives 800 and then within 30 seconds it smoothly reaches 400 lm and sits in this mode for a very long time. Or do you mean the owners of the delta?

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
I don't have my card in front of me, but I thought mine reads after 1m. Do you notice any decrease in brightness of you just let it run for a minute? It may be a thermal thing? I'm just spitballing here.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
My other blue label lights have all been within the advertised range or close to it. However, 200 lumen difference seems to be significant difference.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
My other blue label lights have all been within the advertised range or close to it. However, 200 lumen difference seems to be significant difference.

My 219C 5000K has a higher rating than my 219C 4000K. My suspicion is the Wide optic. The Narrow and Medium optics will give higher lux values. I don't have a valid sphere to measure and compare lumens.

Last edited:

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
I did email prometheus lights and recieved a response that it is indeed due to the wide optic lens and in their experience aligns with a decrease on average of approximately 200lm. Just wanted to follow-up on this, nonetheless, I will be keeping the wide optic lens!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did email prometheus lights and recieved a response that it is indeed due to the wide optic lens and in their experience aligns with a decrease on average of approximately 200lm. Just wanted to follow-up on this, nonetheless, I will be keeping the wide optic lens!
I too like the wide lens. You can find online there are 2 more Carclo optic choices of frosted in narrow and an elliptical spot also. The highest OTF lumens are achieved using the clear narrow lens.