The Fenix-Store        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2021

Default Re: The Lounge 2021

Modded 8*XHP70.2 modded headlight VS Richard 20in 35K Lumen 200Kcd Light Bar with XHP35 HIs 5000K

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I want one of Richard's light bars so badly, I hope he keeps making them. I wonder if my headlights could be modded, do you happen to have a comparison of the before/ after of just the headlamps?
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011 | Malkoff Everything | HDS Always
    List of my lights!

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I want one of Richard's light bars so badly, I hope he keeps making them. I wonder if my headlights could be modded, do you happen to have a comparison of the before/ after of just the headlamps?
    I do not but since I started with incan there isnt much to compare. If you got reflector headlight then its easy to upgrade with drop in LED module from Amazon. Most are good enough. If you got projector headlamp then LED bulbs might not work so well. If you do decide to try an Amazon drop in LED bulb make sure to find one with a built in fan. This is a good sign that its well driven and had good cooling.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

New Quad P60vn Record

Quad Osram GW 6500K 6500L, 20Kcd, 283m
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

A P60vn light engine pushing 6500L and nobody cares...times have changed
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I feel excited about it, and sad that there are no replies. I have been super busy with Pedestrian Defense. And I have been super depressed about child safety: blog.dogsbite.org/2021/05/fort-worth-family-dog-kills-child.html

blog.dogsbite.org/2021/04/child-killed-mother-hospitalized-while-caring-for-neighbors-pit-bulls.html
    Because I like big lights, my flashlightical views lean heavily toward both the extreme bright and the extreme heft.

Rolleye11 Re: The Lounge 2021

Really...A record huh?! There's this guy named "Wayne" that had his son "Viet", build a P60 based light, 2 years ago, that puts out over 7,000 lumens and I own one. I'ts called the "Lil Vortex" and if an infant can do that anyone can!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    Really...A record huh?! There's this guy named "Wayne" that had his son "Viet", build a P60 based light, 2 years ago, that puts out over 7,000 lumens and I own one.
    I think Vinh is just saying it's a new record for a "Quad" P60. He's bumping up against the Lil Vortex but only 4 LEDs'

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post

I think Vinh is just saying it's a new record for a "Quad" P60. He's bumping up against the Lil Vortex but only 4 LEDs'
    Oops I mean quad with optics
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Are you out of Flireflies stock Vinh? I ordered a stock Nov-Mu on the 16th of last month but haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Are you out of Flireflies stock Vinh? I ordered a stock Nov-Mu on the 16th of last month but haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.
    I sent an email to Fireflies 2 days ago and still have not gotten a reply from them...Make me want to give up on this brand. I pulled all Fireflies from my store for now.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I haven't been on much, once I'm back on my rocker I'll keep fanboying the shit out of you! This thing looks wicked, fixing to order one now.

I sent an email to Fireflies 2 days ago and still have not gotten a reply from them...Make me want to give up on this brand. I pulled all Fireflies from my store for now.

I have had so many bad experiences with FF. I only buy FF lights through you if I REALLY want them.

Thanks for the headlight info, mine are LED, I'll have to take a closer look to see what I can fit on there!

That new P60 looks badass Vinh! I just noticed you also have the 6LED mule XHP50 going.... now you are making me debate which one I want to put in my Solarforce Gladiator, damn I was gonna buy that XHP mule, but now that new guy is way too tempting.

Definitely going to try out this GW LED quad! Man, it might replace my Lil V in my SL Nguyen... or maybe I just need another SL Nguyen?! (oh hell yes I do....)

Or maybe a cryobezel? IDK this seems perfect for the SL Nguyen, and I love EDCing that. Cryos is a lot harder to EDC.....
    List of my lights!

edit reading back this reply OMG my brain is a mess. Sorry, but that is why I come here to see the light! I actually talking about you today with my Mother Vinh! She never quite knew the extent of my fascination until I got my new display cabinet for all my lights to be in one place.

She was just like "what does that for you?" (she also knows me better than anyone, so it's partially poking fun)

All I could think was, "me? you mean Us!" First I explained that I think it's primal, fire was so important for heat and food, but also light! somewhere I bet that's buried in our brains and we think YESSS

But where I really naturally ended up was talking about you (and many in this thread!) and how it's not just me, and how many people and connections and experiences around the world I've made simply because of my flashination!
    List of my lights!

I care about P60vn light engines. I start to feel like I'm one of the last P60 users. Big question, what amperage are you pulling with the SBT90.2 5700K and the Quad Osram GW 6500K?

Quote Originally Posted by texas cop View Post
    I care about P60vn light engines. I start to feel like I'm one of the last P60 users. Big question, what amperage are you pulling with the SBT90.2 5700K and the Quad Osram GW 6500K?

I started getting into them right as they all died off. Though there are some holdouts and Vinh has some sexy options! I love the format. Another reason SL Nguyen is one of my all time favorite lights!
    List of my lights!

Flashaholic

I keep feeling tempted by that P60 12 led mule that Vinh makes... I'm sure I'll end up with it some day.

Quote Originally Posted by stewdogg View Post
    I keep feeling tempted by that P60 12 led mule that Vinh makes... I'm sure I'll end up with it some day.
    I use it wayyyy more than I thought I would. Love it for working on my car, perfect companion to my ZL headlamp.
    List of my lights!

Sorry Vinh. That really is an impressive lumen number for such a small light. For me though, I'm just not into flood. I'm hoping one of your projects is a turbo head (maybe 35-50mm) that fits on your SLN, and that your pills for the P60's you make will fit into. This may not even be a possibility though, as reflectors seem to need to be different depending on the LED/LEDs used. It would be awesome though haha.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

I have a couple of very beat up P60 lights. Love them so much. Still a huge fan of P60 lights. Too much its mostly a thing of the past now.

The MT90vn+ really have gone with me everywhere. I enjoy it so much every chance I can. What an enthusiast light.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Small batch of Fireflies finally came! If you want one now is a good time!
    https://skylumen.com/search?q=fireflies
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

What are you guys' favorite mini-throwers under 24mm head size and why? What are the throw/output numbers on your fav?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    What are you guys' favorite mini-throwers under 24mm head size and why? What are the throw/output numbers on your fav?
    "Under 24mm" and "thrower" seems like a contradiction haha. Expand that a little and you get some impressive lights IMO. BLF GTvn Micro, BLF GT Nano, and the Goliath V2 are lights I have that make me giggle when turned on and non flashlight enthusiasts jaws drop.

https://skylumen.com/products/eagtac...46469cc7&_ss=r

https://skylumen.com/products/lumint...30d93b13&_ss=r

24mm Exactly: https://skylumen.com/products/sky-lu...b2eab82c&_ss=r

I can also build you a FW1Avn with W2.1 ;-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

D3Cvn w1.1, one of my all time faves, you could get the DL25C2vn with the same emitter for even more throw and runtime with an 18650, this is an incredibly tempting light for me because of how much I love both my D3C/ D25Cvns, and my G25C2vn (though the G25 is better with a W2 I think)- which I still find every reason to pocket carry!

Of course the P60vn with the w1.1 is also a great size/ performance ratio, and just like the P60 format is very very versatile overall, as the beam profile is very analogous to an old Xenon P60 from Surefire, just with a TON more output and throw.
    List of my lights!

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

D3Cvn w1.1, one of my all time faves, you could get the DL25C2vn with the same emitter for even more throw and runtime with an 18650, this is an incredibly tempting light for me because of how much I love both my D3C/ D25Cvns, and my G25C2vn (though the G25 is better with a W2 I think)- which I still find every reason to pocket carry!

Of course the P60vn with the w1.1 is also a great size/ performance ratio, and just like the P60 format is very very versatile overall, as the beam profile is very analogous to an old Xenon P60 from Surefire, just with a TON more output and throw.
    I hate the D3Cvn. I lost a really nice polished one and was upset for several days!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I hate the D3Cvn. I lost a really nice polished one and was upset for several days!

You're right, I like the D25Cvn's much better

But really?! I think this light is fantastic with VN4 and a better LED, perhaps one of my favorite EDCs ever. It's great with every LED I have in it. I remember years ago you had the quote of something like "Ultimate pocket WOW spotlight!" and I bought one, and literally everyone's reaction to it was always pretty much exactly that verbatim....

List of my lights!

LOL...I love it too. Just dont love loosing little lights. I am healla forgetful! This is why I just stick to bigger lights now. I cant afford to lose these small lights anymore.

You're right, I like the D25Cvn's much better

But really?! I think this light is fantastic with VN4 and a better LED, perhaps one of my favorite EDCs ever. It's great with every LED I have in it. I remember years ago you had the quote of something like "Ultimate pocket WOW spotlight!" and I bought one, and literally everyone's reaction to it was always pretty much exactly that verbatim....

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Couple of fun pics.

TN42vn CFT90 6500k

SL Laser LEP Thrower

What are the specs on your TN42vn CFT90? Im curious whether the current SBT 90.2 4x21700 version has as equal, more, or less throw/output.

Side by side beam shots of the current v2 next to the v1 CFT90 would be really nice.

Edit: Just went back to the 2018 vinhnguyen54 forum when that light was released and its full of beam shots. Interestingly your shot looks far more intense, maybe the angle of the shot, very dense light saber effect. No edits? The light specs according to forum are 5k lumens and 1mcd, so that would make the V2 less than half of the old $600 price tag, a third of the price really, since $260 of the v2 includes 4x21700 batteries. In just 3 years time... thats amazing.

For anyone who wanted a CFT90 mega thrower in 2017-2019 but couldn’t afford $450-700 price ranges... it looks like now is the golden time to purchase an even better SBT90.2 mega thrower for a third of the price. Crazy!!!

Only thing holding me back is I already bought a Noctigon K1vn W1.1 that throws 700kcd+ With the intention of it being my final large thrower for a few years, so I don’t have a good excuse as it was my last light purchase some months back and I’ve only been able to use it once or twice since. Much less likely to be carried is this TN42vn v2 weighing multiple times more and being múltiple times larger.
    Last edited by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen; Yesterday at 09:22 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast