• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

(FOUND! Thanks Gunga + Jabe1!) FourSevens Quark in neutral (old style - circa 2010)

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I know this is a stretch, but this flashlight just has the perfect combination of UI, beam shape, and color for me.

What I'm looking for is the circa-2010 Quark 1x123 by 4sevens - in neutral if possible, or warm white if not.

This is the old style, where you untwist the head for low (and can then cycle through medium and high), or tighten the head for high (and can cycle to strobe). It's roughly 200 OTF lumens, and probably uses an XP-G emitter.

Again, this isn't the new Prometheus Quark, but rather the 10-year old 4Sevens quark. If you have the entire flashlight, that'd be great - but if you just have the head, that's fine too.

It's probably an outdated and inexpensive flashlight these days. But I'm not picky about the price; if you need some convincing to part with one that's been hibernating in your collection, just let me know. I don't mind overpaying for it. =)

I still have one, and it's been my winter jacket workhorse for nearly a decade. There are so many other newer, "better" flashlights - but none of them has the portability, beam shape, tint, and perfect UI for me. So I want a backup just in case. (Because 2 is 1, and one is none!) =)

Thanks, CPF!

- FITP

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
WTB: FourSevens 4sevens Quark 1x123 in neutral or warm (old style - circa 2010)

Remind me to check tomorrow. Unsure if I have the body. Note. All my quarks are modded. Neutral tint. I need to check the LED.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: FourSevens 4sevens Quark 1x123 in neutral or warm (old style - circa 2010)

There's a head and body on eBay. Search for foursevens.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: WTB: FourSevens 4sevens Quark 1x123 in neutral or warm (old style - circa 2010)

Thanks jabe - I really appreciate it! I noticed this one recently, but unfortunately it's the tactical version instead of the standard one, and a slightly newer model with a different UI. =(

That was incredibly thoughtful of you to check eBay as well - definitely above and beyond the call of duty. This kind of thing is what makes CPF so amazing. I really appreciate it! Hope you have an amazing 2021!

- FITP

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The one I saw was a first generation and didn't specify pro or tactical.
seller responded to a message saying it is the pro model.
Should be what you're looking for!
Seller is kingofsoles24. He was affiliated with David Chow and 4/7.

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Hi Gunga! Your mailbox is full, so I'm replying here instead. =)

The one on eBay is actually the tactical model, and a slightly newer version. The one I really like from 2010 (and hopefully the one you have!) is the non-tactical version. It has the UI where tightening the head makes it come on at turbo, and loosening it slightly makes it come on at low...and then you can cycle through low-med-high. It was one of David's original Quark 1x123 designs. Compact, foolproof, nice mix of throw and flood, great neutral tint, and just right for my winter jacket pocket. =)

I'm not picky about the price. Whatever will get you to part with this little fella is fine with me. Throw out a number that feels a little too high, so that you feel good about letting it go, and I feel good about supporting a longtime CPF-er who's kind enough to help me find the light I'm looking for! =)

- FITP

P.S. Remember to throw in extra for postage! This little guy's got fly all the way up to Alaska.

gunga

Flashaholic

I have the og. Non Tactical. Inbox cleared.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

Thanks, Jabe! I went ahead and ordered the eBay one just in case. For $15, I can't lose! I'm still gonna hopefully buy Gunga's as well. You can never have enough of a flashlight you love - especially one that's not made anymore!

Though I kinda feel like those are all the kind of statements I'd make at a "Flashaholics Anonymous" meeting. So maybe I'm just revealing my addiction here. ;-)

- FITP

FlashInThePan

Enlightened

The light arrived quickly, safely and in perfect working order. Thanks for a great transaction, Gunga! =)

- FITP