• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker MK37vn - 1st TIR SBT90.2

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Specs to come but impressive so far!

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/manker-mk37vn-1st-tir-sbt90-2

[FONT=&quot]
xt9ZnWl.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
gkNixUM.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
7f7mkdR.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
qwnL7ky.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
fEZFWAe.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
RwDLrvl.jpg
[/FONT]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
First 5 purchase gets 3 free Manker 3100mAh 18650 with coupon code "MK37FreeCells"

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/manker-mk37vn-1st-tir-sbt90-2

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean 3 extra cells, besides the 3 that comes with the flashlight?

Edit: Viewed package that Manker offers with cells, appears comes both with or without batts

Can other cells fit and function properly?

If the TIR optic is larger version of MC13 it has little spill mostly hotspot, no artifacts :)

I'd like to see some beam shots.. But, why so many modes for a thrower, moon levels seems useless for this light

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam profile is what I'm most curious about. Hopefully it's a fat and smooth tapering hotspot as opposed to hotspot+spill. Are there many artifacts in the beam?

How do you like it vs the 1inch longer K30gt Vinh? I really want to buy one.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I suspect it's very likely to put most of the lumens into a hot spot without traditional reflector spill. ...and like most TIR lights, will probably have a nearly artifact free beam.

Like twistedraven, the K30GT was the first comparison light that I thought of. Although it's my guess that it won't threaten the K30Gt's 330Kcd, I would also guess that it's going to put more lumens out the front.

As carry-able as the K30GT is, this Manker is going to take it to the next level with 28mm shorter oal and 5mm smaller diameter head. That's a substantial size difference, especially if it comes close to the throw performance of the K30GTvn. For me, I feel like it will be a slight overlap with the K30GTvn that I already own however I can definitely see where it could be irresistible for those seeking a nearly perfect beam, with max lumens OTF, and an outstanding UI.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K30GTvn is now my 2nd fav high output compact thrower! I really starting to LOVE TIR!

• Stock MK37 SBT90.2 5700K Performance @2s: 4800L, 225Kcd, 949m

https://youtu.be/Uq9qYRiqE2I

[FONT=&quot]
QQWHWUu.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesss, I requested for this light to be modded over on the other thread. Such a cool light. The two lights that come into mind is the k30gtvn and the rot66vn. Looks like this new light is in between the two lights I mentioned. I'm hoping with your mods, you will hit the 300kcd mark. But that's highly doubtful.
I love my rot66vn though, it's my second favorite nightwalk [walk the dog light ]at 9000 lumens and 100kcd. I was hoping for some beam shots comparing all three in that video. Or some camera shots. But I know your busy busy being a father. So it's all good. I'll just place my order now and hope for the best!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the 'all lumens in hotspot and corona' kind of beam is what I think is ideal for a high output thrower, and is what drew me to the this light. That and its compact size + manker's new and improved UI (ideal UI if you ask me). Even the most efficient reflectors only put ~50% of their output into the hotspot, so to have all of it go into a fat one is really nice, so you get more vision down range where you're pointing.

The only thing that concerns me is the battery configuration. They look to be not 3 in parallel? What are your thoughts on the battery configuration, Vinh?

Vinh, I assume I ordered one of the first ones from your site, but I forgot to add the 3 battery option; do I email you?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam looks pretty nice! I wish they made the sbt90 led in warmer cct's!

Do you know what the highest sustained stable output is without cooling?

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

One cool thing you can do with it (I assume), is easily place lee zircon filters between the lens and optic. The filters can do things like make the tint rosier, greener, cooler, or warmer, but of course at the expense of output and thus throw performance. With a thrower light like this I think I would prefer it to have as much output as possible and wouldn't mind the cool tint, but if you're using it for closer up stuff at lower output most of the time, the filters might be worth a look.

NPL

Enlightened
I don't mind using minus green filters, but using filters to warm up the CCT takes a very big hit on output compared to just using a warmer LED. I have asked Manker if they would consider making one with xhp35 Hi LED so they can offer other warmer cct's and better sustainable output. They said they may make a sample. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I totally agree that it's not worth the significant reduction. I recall Vinh at one point buying a bulk of '5000k' SBT90.2s, but they seemed to be the same as the 5700k ones, which also get very cool white on turbo.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Stock MK37 SBT90.2 5700K Performance @2s: 4800L, 225Kcd, 949m
  • MK37vn SBT90.2 5700K DL Performance @2s: 5150L, 252Kcd, 1004m
  • (Specs tested with VTC5D)

Incredible output to be all focused in one large spot!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MK37vn VS K30GTvn

MK37vn:
5150L, 252Kcd, 1004m
All the lumen in hot spot & corona with no spill

K30GTvn :
https://skylumen.com/products/acebeam-k30gtvn-medium-size-throw-king-r?_pos=1&_sid=fe9778723&_ss=r
4850L, 330Kcd, 1128m
Conventional hot spot, corona, & wide spill

Which one do you prefer?

F1LKg4N.jpg

HSvEl5u.jpg

Last edited:

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
Not sure which one I prefer but I'm about to find out because I just ordered the MK37vn... Dangit, lol.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, on the beamshot video, it looks as though there's still some spill from the front of the light, as it's lighting up the shed just below the hotspot and corona. Is it possible that it still has some spill in the same way that a mule has spill, and it's just not focused?

Are you also going to play around with the Imalent RT90? It's a larger sodacan style SBT90.2 thrower, and really weird with its proprietary 4x18500 battery pack.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
1 Black MK37vn with very very slightly less perfect beam than the rest. If I didn't say I dont think anyone would know really. Also this is only may be noticeable up close on a while wall. Nothing you can see from any distance outdoor. Performance just like any other light of course. Just dotnt feel like selling it at full price.

$154 Normal Price
$120 Discounted Price.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great video and great light! No donut in that beam! ...and it's so small compared to the K30GT in that picture.