Fenix lanyards

negev

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I've recently purchased:

Fenix PD35 v2.0 in black
Fenix PD36R
Fenix PD35 v2.0 in Camouflage.

The first two lights were returned, I thought I wanted a bit more power than the PD35 but I found the PD36R a bit too big and heavy and also the unit I received was faulty. When I went to reorder the PD35 I found the black wasn't available so got the camouflage instead.

To my surprise and delight I found that the Camouflage version came with a much better lanyard than the other two lights. It's adjustable which makes it much more useful.

This is the regular lanyard I got with the other two:

lanyard.png

and this is the one that came with the Camouflage light:

IMG_1252.jpeg

I find this quite interesting because nowhere on their website does it say anything about their being a difference. The product images for the camouflage PD35 show the plain style lanyard.

Perhaps this is a silent product update that they're just not going to shout about? Very curious to hear from other owners as to whether you've got the adjustable lanyard or not. As far as I can tell they don't sell it separately.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
A similar lanyard used to be provided with the TK30 (2009 model).
They probably include it as an accessory to larger lights and bundle it with the multicam version because it's special edition.

negev

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that makes sense, it's just odd that they don't advertise it. I was on the fence about buying the camouflage version or just waiting for the black to be back in stock. Wasn't sure about the design as I'm not really a military person and the camo was a little more expensive, I was mainly just looking at it because it was available sooner. But if I'd known about the adjustable lanyard I wouldn't have even had to think about it, that alone is worth the extra money.