The Fenix-Store        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Challenge Week #1: Incandescent Only! (2021 edition)

Default Re: Challenge Week #1: Incandescent Only! (2021 edition)

Wow, you guys (and gals!) have some neat old stuff!

Made it. Woohoo! A couple of close calls but no slip ups.

I put the 4500k Tana singLED back the aviatEr and the Lumens Factory bulb back in the cross hairs E1. It just seemed more appropriate to put the LED back in a light that was born with an LED and a light bulb back in that old E1. The stock E2E clicky will definitly get more use. Such a cool little flashlight.

Thanks for the fun idea stress test.
    John 3:16

No issues here either, it was a giggle

Since I have been carrying an incan and was using a modified 6P around the house for the past weeks anyway, this was not too hard. I had to put my LED lights away and out of sight to avoid picking them up however. The only challenge was lighting up my path to work in the morning with "only" a 40 lumens E-Series on my belt, probably less since the battery wasnít new. Iím not somebody who carries more than one light on my person. Iím interested in what is coming for week #2.
    Last edited by Olumin; 01-17-2021 at 07:51 AM.

My final day for the Incan Challenge! I would call it a success. I have learned that most of the time I could get by with one flashlight, and that most of the time I could get by with 90 lumens. Oddly, I wanted less lumens more often than I wanted more, so I am looking forward to getting back to lights with more modes.

I did it using just the Maglite 2D. It was easy to see how previous generations got by with this type and amount of output as it was sufficient for most tasks. The only things I felt lacking was portability and the ability to go hands free comfortably. Putting it in the crook of my neck was doable but awkward.

Fun stuff!
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Made it through the week. It ended this morning for me with my wife asking if I knew I put my solitaire through the wash...still works fine. It survived a week of edc carry and I only used the one battery.👍🏼
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Self high-fivez all around.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

I think we need a 100 lumens or less challenge next so people can see if they really need those 275000000000 Lumen lights.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    I think we need a 100 lumens or less challenge next so people can see if they really need those 275000000000 Lumen lights.
    I'm all for that!

anyone know when the next one will be posted? it`s after 7pm here and I don`t want to start monday with the wrong light and be disqualified before I even read the rules.

Fear not. It ends 168 hours from whenever you start.

I'm about to start typing it up now. Little late this time; my sleep schedule's been messed up for a couple nights so I've woken up a few times not sure what day it is

probably the lack of LED lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stress_Test View Post
    I'm about to start typing it up now. Little late this time; my sleep schedule's been messed up for a couple nights so I've woken up a few times not sure what day it is
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Maybe! Since the incans are more "natural" lighting, my brain could be confused by the "sunlight" shining at the wrong time of day!

Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    It's time for physical education, I think it gives something about 1 lumen or less, but it can wake everyone around

Sorry I'm late, I just saw this video (my add-blocker was hiding YouTube links apparently

That's only the second squeeze-light like that I've ever seen! The last time I saw one was back in high-school in the late 90s. Our old history teacher brought one of those to class one day. I think his had a head with reflector on it though; more a conventional flashlight, but still had the squeeze lever, and made the same sounds. Very cool retro light.

Quote Originally Posted by Stress_Test View Post
    Sorry I'm late, I just saw this video (my add-blocker was hiding YouTube links apparently

That's only the second squeeze-light like that I've ever seen! The last time I saw one was back in high-school in the late 90s. Our old history teacher brought one of those to class one day. I think his had a head with reflector on it though; more a conventional flashlight, but still had the squeeze lever, and made the same sounds. Very cool retro light.

I knew I recognised this squeeze light from somewhere!

looks like an old fishing reel at first, my dad had something like that Many years ago.

The E2D with the Lumens Factory bulb and Lightmiser tailcap was all I needed, although I had the split-body "Rothrandir" with TL-3 as a backup. The E2D worked out fine, although I'm glad I only had that sharp bezel in my pocket for a week. I got used to default fast-clicking the tailcap down to 25%, and it was almost always enough light. Nice warm tones. I enjoyed this "challenge", although I'm looking forward to rotating back in my HDS and Jetbeam Jet-I pro.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234