Nitecore TINI 2, Olight S1 Mini / i1R 2, UltraTac K18 comparison

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Nitecore TINI 2, and thought some of you would like a simple review.

First impressions - it's *tiny*. I *love* the LCD readout panel. I hate the yellow tint. The tint is more visible than the typical Zebralight green tint... This will be my primary motorcycle keychain light. I'll still have a larger, brighter backup headlamp (ZL floody AA).

I *really* like this light. The readout alleviates 'range anxiety'. The floody nature of the beam is *really* useful for 5-100+ feet use. The 1 lumen low would be better at 0.5 lumen. The spacing is good. Being all-metal, it looks great, and feels really sturdy. Time will tell if the buttons are reliable. I like the USB-C charge port. The *readout* has visible PWM... Thought it was the main LEDs till I waved the light around to see which brightnesses exhibited strobe.

Here's some color balance comparisons, and some beam comparisons. Exposures were manual at 1/15s, f4, ISO 800 on a Sony RX100 VI. The images appear somewhat darker than my eyes saw, but I didn't want to set up a tripod to allow a longer exposure. The pics show a realistic difference between the perceived brightness of each light.

Distance to far wall is 70 feet from camera...

https://imgur.com/a/3rN1w0x

Latest posts