NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: [Review] Cyansky Titanium M3 16340 EDC Light

Default [Review] Cyansky Titanium M3 16340 EDC Light

I received this light from Cyansky. Its pretty small and powerful for a small light. It runs on either CR123A or 1 16340 which they include with the light. Overall I like the size and material composition and the rechargeable battery form factor of the light. Great for a primary or secondary light in an EDC kit! Here is a link to the review

https://youtu.be/nyQKf_GMFlQ

Default Re: [Review] Cyansky Titanium M3 16340 EDC Light

Nice review

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Nice. How do you buy one?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

XP-G3, Low CRI, with green and purple tint…
    hold for off, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe
    hold to turn on at low, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe

https://thelitereview.com/flashlight...view-titanium/
    "LED: Cree XP-G3

There are tint shifts throughout the beam profile. The hotspot is mostly cool white tint whilst the corona possess a slight yellowish green tint; and the spill having a slight purple tint.”

"Note: Our review sample has a slightly off-centred LED."

I suppose there will be people that think the tint is fine...
    WTB Lumintop AAA Copper Tool. Also wtb Olight i3s prefer purple.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Nice. How do you buy one?

They arent out for sale yet. Dont know when they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    XP-G3, Low CRI, with green and purple tint…
    hold for off, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe
    hold to turn on at low, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe

https://thelitereview.com/flashlight...view-titanium/
    "LED: Cree XP-G3

There are tint shifts throughout the beam profile. The hotspot is mostly cool white tint whilst the corona possess a slight yellowish green tint; and the spill having a slight purple tint.”

"Note: Our review sample has a slightly off-centred LED."

I suppose there will be people that think the tint is fine...

Yes there is shift and it is mentioned the green Corona changes as the power changes and the spill is blue. My guess is that the colour to be around 6200k-6500k since my white balance was at 3000k while filming and the initial outdoors shots it was at 4500k and it still looks blue. My sample does have a centered led. The cree XP-G3 S4 LED is not my preferred led because I like warm to neutral white LED emitters with High CRI. Hopefully they update this light to included that. Overall I like it as an edc light despite some of the cons- Hard to find push button without texture, Steel pocket clip placement, Fast turn on and off for the UI. Your tint is much worse than mine so maybe another sample you should ask for to see if this is consistent?

the image I posted is from the review I linked.. (but I hosted the image on my own site, so as not to break any CPF rules against hotlinking)

the review I linked, also provides contact info, for purchasing, if someone wants to take the time to click the link and read the info I found via google. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Umbrosoccer, other than receiving a free light for review, are you affiliated with the seller in any other way?

and, fwiw, I recommend you use daylight white balance when producing images, not 3000k WB.. just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your light
    stay safe and happy new year

the image I posted is from the review I linked.. (but I hosted the image on my own site, so as not to break any CPF rules against hotlinking)

the review I linked, also provides contact info, for purchasing, if someone wants to take the time to click the link and read the info I found via google. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Umbrosoccer, other than receiving a free light for review, are you affiliated with the seller in any other way?

and, fwiw, I recommend you use daylight white balance when producing images, not 3000k WB.. just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your light
    stay safe and happy new year
    No. I just review lights and cyansky sent a few to me to review and check out. have you seen the video? Also why do you prefer daylight white balance? When filming motion picture the reviews on the desk my own lights i have are desk lamps which are around 2800k-3000k white balanced. happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrosoccer View Post
    why do you prefer daylight white balance!
    I consider daylight white balance the consistent benchmark reference.

Using daylight white balance, a 3000k light will look predictably warm, the way it looks when a consumer shines the beam on a white wall during the day.

And with daylight white balance, a 6000k light will not look too blue, which would not match what a consumer sees when shining the light on a white wall during the day.

just my opinion, Im not a pro photographer

I consider daylight white balance the consistent benchmark reference.

Using daylight white balance, a 3000k light will look predictably warm, the way it looks when a consumer shines the beam on a white wall during the day.

And with daylight white balance, a 6000k light will not look too blue, which would not match what a consumer sees when shining the light on a white wall during the day.

just my opinion, Im not a pro photographer

Makes sense . 5500k is daylight balance. I will experiment with that.