[Review] Cyansky Titanium M3 16340 EDC Light

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
I received this light from Cyansky. Its pretty small and powerful for a small light. It runs on either CR123A or 1 16340 which they include with the light. Overall I like the size and material composition and the rechargeable battery form factor of the light. Great for a primary or secondary light in an EDC kit! Here is a link to the review

https://youtu.be/nyQKf_GMFlQ

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-G3, Low CRI, with green and purple tint…
hold for off, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe
hold to turn on at low, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe

https://thelitereview.com/flashlights/freasy-gears-cyansky-m3-review-titanium/
"LED: Cree XP-G3

There are tint shifts throughout the beam profile. The hotspot is mostly cool white tint whilst the corona possess a slight yellowish green tint; and the spill having a slight purple tint."
6VuaOEsl.jpg

"Note: Our review sample has a slightly off-centred LED."

I suppose there will be people that think the tint is fine...

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
XP-G3, Low CRI, with green and purple tint…
hold for off, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe
hold to turn on at low, but dont hold too long, or you get strobe

https://thelitereview.com/flashlights/freasy-gears-cyansky-m3-review-titanium/
"LED: Cree XP-G3

There are tint shifts throughout the beam profile. The hotspot is mostly cool white tint whilst the corona possess a slight yellowish green tint; and the spill having a slight purple tint."
6VuaOEsl.jpg

"Note: Our review sample has a slightly off-centred LED."

I suppose there will be people that think the tint is fine...

Yes there is shift and it is mentioned the green Corona changes as the power changes and the spill is blue. My guess is that the colour to be around 6200k-6500k since my white balance was at 3000k while filming and the initial outdoors shots it was at 4500k and it still looks blue. My sample does have a centered led. The cree XP-G3 S4 LED is not my preferred led because I like warm to neutral white LED emitters with High CRI. Hopefully they update this light to included that. Overall I like it as an edc light despite some of the cons- Hard to find push button without texture, Steel pocket clip placement, Fast turn on and off for the UI. Your tint is much worse than mine so maybe another sample you should ask for to see if this is consistent?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the image I posted is from the review I linked.. (but I hosted the image on my own site, so as not to break any CPF rules against hotlinking)

the review I linked, also provides contact info, for purchasing, if someone wants to take the time to click the link and read the info I found via google. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Umbrosoccer, other than receiving a free light for review, are you affiliated with the seller in any other way?

and, fwiw, I recommend you use daylight white balance when producing images, not 3000k WB.. just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your light
stay safe and happy new year

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
the image I posted is from the review I linked.. (but I hosted the image on my own site, so as not to break any CPF rules against hotlinking)

the review I linked, also provides contact info, for purchasing, if someone wants to take the time to click the link and read the info I found via google. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Umbrosoccer, other than receiving a free light for review, are you affiliated with the seller in any other way?

and, fwiw, I recommend you use daylight white balance when producing images, not 3000k WB.. just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your light
stay safe and happy new year

No. I just review lights and cyansky sent a few to me to review and check out. have you seen the video? Also why do you prefer daylight white balance? When filming motion picture the reviews on the desk my own lights i have are desk lamps which are around 2800k-3000k white balanced. happy new year!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
why do you prefer daylight white balance!

I consider daylight white balance the consistent benchmark reference.

Using daylight white balance, a 3000k light will look predictably warm, the way it looks when a consumer shines the beam on a white wall during the day.

And with daylight white balance, a 6000k light will not look too blue, which would not match what a consumer sees when shining the light on a white wall during the day.

just my opinion, Im not a pro photographer

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
I consider daylight white balance the consistent benchmark reference.

Using daylight white balance, a 3000k light will look predictably warm, the way it looks when a consumer shines the beam on a white wall during the day.

And with daylight white balance, a 6000k light will not look too blue, which would not match what a consumer sees when shining the light on a white wall during the day.

just my opinion, Im not a pro photographer

Makes sense . 5500k is daylight balance. I will experiment with that.

Latest posts