Spring vs O-ring

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those running their malkoff in a non-malkoff and non-surefire host what is your preferred method of fitting the drop in to the head? I've had success using both the large diameter grounding spring as well as using an o-ting between the drop in and the bezel. My concern is which one is more bulletproof?

Specifically I'm running a m361 219 warm in my seraph host and want it as my one and done solo light (ie: max durability). Way I see it running the large spring it could possibly break causing a failure, but also it does allow the drop in to rattle in the head under the right impacts. On the other hand using the o-ring avoids both of those issues but then increases the compression of the b+ spring and also doesn't allow the battery shelf of the seraph to perform its function...

Probably over thinking this, huh?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well ya but an o-ring can dry out or " Smosh" out of position. The fitting ring won't do that.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the fitting ring not rubber? Always figured it was!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those running their malkoff in a non-malkoff and non-surefire host what is your preferred method of fitting the drop in to the head? I've had success using both the large diameter grounding spring as well as using an o-ting between the drop in and the bezel. My concern is which one is more bulletproof?

Specifically I'm running a m361 219 warm in my seraph host and want it as my one and done solo light (ie: max durability). Way I see it running the large spring it could possibly break causing a failure, but also it does allow the drop in to rattle in the head under the right impacts. On the other hand using the o-ring avoids both of those issues but then increases the compression of the b+ spring and also doesn't allow the battery shelf of the seraph to perform its function...

Probably over thinking this, huh?

Really? The spring could break and cause a failure? I mean I suppose it could, just as your tube could collapse under vacuum or excessive pressure. Or your battery could explode.

I'd just go with Thermal guy's suggestion.