how many flashlights do i need in my bug out bag?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is 2 enough for if the stuff hits the fan and i need to take off.? all this stuff on the news has me wanting to just be on the safe side

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on where you are bugging to and how long you plan on staying. Take as many lights and batteries as you know you need to get to where you are going

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only one if it is an HDS😎🤗

it's a good idea to use a Photon Freedom attached to a zipper pull also👍

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have 3. And enough batteries for 4 battery changes each. If I ever need that much I'm in some serious crap.

elzetta Charlie-M61N
Malkoff 2XAA
Malkoff wildcat.

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Maybe you can carry some extra rechargeable batteries, portable charger and solar panel for power supply during outdoor adventures. :party:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 should be plenty. Since you'll be carrying this bag, you have to ask yourself, "Is there something I need in this bag more than I need a 3rd flashlight?" The answer is almost certainly, "yes".

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I`d have 3, 2 in my bag one on me at all times, always take an AA and AAA because you can get the batts for these anywhere, and an Anduril light with built in charging (don`t forget the leads) so you can do sublumen to daylight.

Tusk

Newly Enlightened
One flashlight (Fenix LD25) and one headlamp (ThruNite TH20). 12 AA Eneloops in small plastic cases and a Powerfilm foldable solar charger (the one WITHOUT the USB). All up that weighs 1pd 6.4oz and should take care of your personal lighting needs for the first few years of the crisis.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
most likly it will be a island i found whike kakaking. i have 20 watt solar panels

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
most likly it will be a island i found whike kakaking. i have 20 watt solar panels

Sweetie, I gotta ask, what exactly is it you`re running from? because it sounds like you`re going to be quite misserable for however long it takes you to return home again. You certainly won`t be able to have any fires to keep you warm (and it`s mid winter). have you considered bugging IN instead? or if it`s someone`s after you, then just pull a load of cash out the bank, buy a burner (leave your mobile phone at home) and skip state and lay low in a motel somewhere.
This does all sound rather extreme to me, are you Sure it`s the right thing to do and you have no alternatives?

Burgess

Flashaholic
I agree with the excellent recommendations posted above !

- have an AA cell flashlight

- have an AAA cell flashlight

- have a Headlamp ! Hands-free is SO useful !

I highly recommend Energizer ultimate lithium cells,
for their light weight, long life, and low temperature performance !

And don't forget a Bic lighter or two . . . . .
:whistle:
_

idleprocess

Flashaholic
"Is there something I need in this bag more than I need a 3rd flashlight?" The answer is almost certainly, "yes".

This. In any enthusiast forum that touches on survival there is a tendency to fixate on the forum's central subject - flashlights, knives, guns, radios, first aid, whatnot. The flashlights you'll almost certainly want will be compact/lightweight, durable/reliable, offer long runtime, and have some possibility of refueling or recharging - in that general order. In an actual bug-out situation you will almost surely be limiting your usage to brief short-range usage for close-up tasks and navigation. Most of us can see surprisingly well at night without a flashlight so long as there is some ambient light - in open areas generally further and with a wider field of view.

Otherwise, your focus is should be on survival basics - water, food, protection from the elements, shelter - and items that support those needs in addition to mobility and signaling capability.