Brother 1502G Lock Back Knife

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh dear ! Looks like 2021 might be another disappointing knife year ( Buying Garbage ) ..

Brother 1502G Lock Back 440c (?)

The following is the expressed opinion of old4570 after having tested / used / sharpened this knife !

As far as looks and feels and walks and talks its all good !
Whats not good is the blade steel .
My diamond sharpener ate this blade , it felt -- Buttery Soft !
And the performance on the rope was very bad . Really bad , in fact you would find it hard to do worse .
Thirty is a terrible score for any steel . Even pot metal ! ( Maybe expected off pot metal )
:caution: I would suggest , that perhaps , it might be , best not to be tempted by this product ! :D

glideher

Newly Enlightened
are brother knives even a good brand? ive seen this 1502g before, looks great in the pictures

Shorttime

Newly Enlightened
Brother/Watchman copied one of Nathan Carothers' designs, so I'm going to jump to conclusions about their ethics.

Nathan "The Machinist" Carothers:

lZKMbuC.jpg

Brother knives:

pq9RxSA.jpg

Convergent evolution in design? Wellllllll.... maybe? It's just that we've seen this before from Ali's Express knife sellers, in companies like Jufule, Eafengrow, and LDT. $60 Sebenza, anyone? Brand new, might even be Titanium.

China doesn't participate in the AISI or SAE standards, so they can say anything they want, or nothing at all, about the quality of the steel they use. As the OP pointed out, the biggest problem with knives like this is what you can't see in the pictures.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , the knife looks good / feels good / and is bolted together well !
But the performance ( edge holding ) is about as bad as it gets .