Imalent        

Thread: Hi from Illinois!

Unenlightened
    The Land of Dark and Clouds...Chicagoland

Default Hi from Illinois!

Hello, fellow lighting enthusiasts!

First off, I'd like to thank the admins for their continuing hard work administering this forum and providing such an excellent repository of information to the public.

Next, I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences making this form what it is.

Finally, As I mentioned, I have been lurking for a while, and am looking forward to continuing to benefit from all of the helpful people here. I'm amazed at how far lighting has come in the many, many moons since my first experiences with 2D incans. The amount of light produced by the combination of today's LEDs and batteries is awesome!

Default Re: Hi from Illinois!

I'm a Chicago native, and have spent a good while lurking in here as well. I got into the flashlight game about 6 months ago so I'm still fairly new. I want to build my first light using a Convoy S2 but I need to decide what I want to put in it. I've been acquiring a lot of lights over these last 6 months to understand them better and what different emitters look like, figure out what I like/dislike and all that jazz. So far it's been a fun ride!

Awesome indeed, welcome! The beginning of your post sounded like you won some award from us. Wouldn't that be exciting?

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Awesome indeed, welcome! The beginning of your post sounded like you won some award from us. Wouldn't that be exciting?
    Thanks very much for the welcome! Didn't mean for it to sound corny or anything, just wanted to thank everyone for making this site what it is. And to your comment, I find knowledge and the sharing of it, to be a great reward, so yes, in a sense, I feel like I have!

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by pocketdumpwizard View Post
    I'm a Chicago native, and have spent a good while lurking in here as well. I got into the flashlight game about 6 months ago so I'm still fairly new. I want to build my first light using a Convoy S2 but I need to decide what I want to put in it. I've been acquiring a lot of lights over these last 6 months to understand them better and what different emitters look like, figure out what I like/dislike and all that jazz. So far it's been a fun ride!
    I've had an Olight M1X for a few years, and recently have been adding to my collection, too I haven't yet delved into modding/building, but am fascinated that it can be done and may go down that path myself. I certainly agree that the learning part is a lot of fun! Thanks very much for the welcome!