Surefire Temperature Variation

SixStars

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a new in box Surefire EB1 Backup 300 lumen recently from a Surefire dealer. This is the black anodized version that I believe was discontinued around 2016? The next EB1 300 lumen version seems to be the carbon gray anodized which has also been discontinued.

Anyway, I immediately enjoyed using it as an EDC so I decided to try and locate one more new in box from a Surefire dealer as a backup for my Backup. It arrived today and when I compare the beams on a white wall the second EB1 has a noticeably warmer tint. I used brand new Surefire batteries in both.

This may not be of any importance but the first EB1 came in a 200 lumen box with a 300 sticker affixed which I know Surefire does to use up old boxes. The second EB1 came in a 300 lumen box. Their serial numbers are within 500 from each other with the warmer tint being the higher number.

Has anyone else experienced this? I realize that temperatures may vary from model to model or variations within the same model such as 300 lumen EB1 versus 200 lumen EB1.

I compared two Surefire 6PX Pro 320 lumen and their temperature seems to be identical.

Would Surefire be able to do anything about this variation considering they were both just purchased new from Surefire dealers?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Surefire's are noted for having different tints up and down the same line same model. I never had two of the same model that had close tints. It's a lottery.

SixStars

Newly Enlightened
Surefire's are noted for having different tints up and down the same line same model. I never had two of the same model that had close tints. It's a lottery.

I was afraid of that. I guess I've been lucky so far with some of the similar tints I've received. Thanks thermal guy.