Charging methods for Rechargeable Flashlights?

Rhodie

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my Laptop but anybody use Power Banks and if so, can you make recommendations? Thanks.

Dave

joshk

Newly Enlightened
It sounds like it has a USB charger cord. Why not plug it into your wall charger for your phone?

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my Laptop but anybody use Power Banks and if so, can you make recommendations? Thanks.

Dave

I use battery backup/power banks when traveling or when I don't have access to a wall charger. The downside is that charging a battery with a battery can get pretty hot. If you are in a hot environment it can compound that. When I was traveling, I charged my phone with a 4xAA NiMH charger (Goal Zero) when out and about in 90 degree, humid weather and I was worried about damage to the phone and battery.

More recently I picked up an inexpensive Li Power Bank from Costco (it came with whatever I was looking for at the time). It was a no name, but it works fine. I generally get Anker when it comes to wall adapters and cables, but I don't know how well their power banks hold up. There are some chargers that double to charge other items with the battery. I think Nitecore has a small adapter that goes on it's larger batteries that both takes a charge and gives a charge if you are looking for something smaller.

Last edited:

Rhodie

Newly Enlightened
I've use battery backup/power banks when traveling or when I don't have access to a wall charger. The downside is that charging a battery with a battery can get pretty hot. If you are in a hot environment it can compound that. When I was traveling, I charged my phone with a 4xAA NiMH charger (Goal Zero) when out and about in 90 degree, humid weather and I was worried about damage to the phone and battery.

More recently I picked up an inexpensive Li Power Bank from Costco (it came with whatever I was looking for at the time). It was a no name, but it works fine. I generally get Anker when it comes to wall adapters and cables, but I don't know how well their power banks hold up. There are some chargers that double to charge other items with the battery. I think Nitecore has a small adapter that goes on it's larger batteries that both takes a charge and gives a charge if you are looking for something smaller.

I had a power bank about 4 years ago, it ended up giving up the ghost. Anker seems to be a popular brand, seems to have positive reviews from the folks on Amazon. I'll take a look at the Nitecore Adapter, I think I saw it on Battery Junctions Website. Thanks for the good idea's from both of you...