What's Everyone Buying Battery/Charger Edition

cplively

Newly Enlightened
I enjoy the threads about what flashlights everyone is buying, or the "recommend a light for..." sub-forum. I like to start there, because I figure someone's done some research and probably keeps up with things better than I do. Did I miss where we do that with batteries or chargers, or am I just a big nerd?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted to keep my eneloops happy so I treated them to a powerex maha aa/aaa dedicated charger. Very well reviewed and very easy to use for reconditioning batteries.

RobSpook

Newly Enlightened
After almost 15 years, I'm still using many of my original Eneloop batteries and the Maha C9000 charger. Just purchased a C9000Pro yesterday because I like the front facing screen and frequently need more than four slots. Using batteries in various Fenix and StreamLight flashlights, along with everything else that uses a battery.

Batteries that have been resuscitated or show a capacity loss of 30% or more don't get thrown away... they go into low drain devices like remotes and keyboards/mice. Also I did a group sale of 4 AA to D cell converters that I still use as well as Eneloop C converters. I've spent less than $25 on batteries in the past fifteen years :)