Jetbeam        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge Week #2: "E" Name or Model# Only!

Default Re: Challenge Week #2: "E" Name or Model# Only!

Im out. With the Malkoff Hound Dog Super back in stock, I'm about to whip out my recently purchased Hound Dog XP-L for some use to consider whether or not I want/need the Super. It's been fun though! I've been curious if I can go a week with one light and going nearly a week with two was a good preview.

The little EDC01 did a big light's job today and sure as sugar passed the test My brother and I installed a wall panel here and it really came in handy to check if the fixating screws aligned with the wall anchors, as well as the TV power and antenna wiring that goes behind the panel.

The only odd thing is that the light kept magically appearing inside my pocket even when I intentionally and deliberately left it out in the open for bro to use without asking me for it The flashaholism must be in a new acute phase!

Quote Originally Posted by Stress_Test View Post
    Heh heh, yeah, look close around the bezel. I figured someone would recognize it
    Hmm. I see the bezel has a lip and either a lens or TIR optic inside, so definitely not the E01 with its open-aired LED design. It's fishy, but I can't point out what

Alright, tomorrow you spill it, ST: what sneeki breeki stunt have you pulled off?
    Last edited by Jean-Luc Descarte; 01-23-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc Descarte View Post
    Hmm. I see the bezel has a lip and either a lens or TIR optic inside, so definitely not the E01 with its open-aired LED design. It's fishy, but I can't point out what

Alright, tomorrow you spill it, ST: what sneeki breeki stunt have you pulled off?
    I'll be really surprised if I'm the first one on this board who thought of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post

Im out. With the Malkoff Hound Dog Super back in stock, I'm about to whip out my recently purchased Hound Dog XP-L for some use to consider whether or not I want/need the Super. It's been fun though! I've been curious if I can go a week with one light and going nearly a week with two was a good preview.
    I just posted the new challenge for next week... it might be relevant to your decision on the Hound Dog Super

Alright, here's the answer to my E01 shenanigans

I was comparing the orange color of my old E01 vs the Sofirn C01s, and I suddenly realized how similar the heads were. Turns out they interchange with each other. (E01 head on the right)

I can't think of any practical purpose for this, but if you want to come up with unique color combinations, there are some good possibilities.
    Last edited by Stress_Test; 01-24-2021 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added "Sofirn"

This was a great challenge this week.

I made it the whole week just using the Fenix E01. It was a great reminder to me how very capable a simple sub 10L light could be in almost all situations. I am kind of sad to see "The Ugly" leave my side for constant use but...another challenge awaits.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Woo! It's officially Sunday evening, the sky's getting dark, and I am done! This was just a silly little challenge, but I still feel accomplished! Definitely gonna carry the EDC01 more often after this, its capabilities were never in doubt but it still surprised me massively.

On to challenge #3 now!

so far so good, that`s 2 down now, and I`m all set for #3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123