recommendations for floody neutral white rechargeable

Slappy69

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I am a home inspector and have been using Zebralight flashlights for years. I wanted a really powerful light for attics and crawlspaces (blech). So, after a bunch of searching, I found the Wowtac A5. 3000 lumen floody with neutral white. Also, rechargeable with a standard micro usb cable. love it. especially for the price which was $50 or less. got a second one a month ago and it no longer will go into turbo mode. yes, I realize you get what you pay for and, naturally, the warranty is terrible etc etc.

so, I am now on the hunt for a replacement with the following requirements:

- small like the zebralights (mine use 18650) or the wowtac (uses a 26650). need to be small to fit into my old elastic cell phone holster because of ease and speed of access. as you can imagine, during the course of an inspection, I am putting it in the holster and removing it dozens if not a hundred times (depending on the size of the house).

- MUST be floody, I have no use for a thrower
- Neutral white - around 4500k-ish as cool white is absolute torture on my eyeballs and moisture stains on ceilings etc are harder to see
- side click switch
- minimal to no parasitic drain
- turbo into the 3,000 lumen range or more

- rechargeable would be nice - I have really appreciated that in the Wowtac A5. so much more convenient than taking out batteries etc. I have become slightly addicted to this feature so, not a deal killer but much preferred

I know zebralight has some options to which I will default if necessary but due to price and the lack of rechargeability, I am looking for an alternative. And I know this is the place for expert opinions.

Thank you!!!

SYZYGY

Enlightened
no idea what fits in your holster thing.

if it's a light you're using all the time, why not make it a good one with the most efficient driver you can find?

zebralight SC700d (3klm max output) is plently floody for me. i would not call it a thrower.
http://zebralight.com/SC700d-21700-XHP702-Neutral-White-High-CRI-Flashlight_p_233.html
but they make the SC700Fd as well if you want frosted lens.
http://zebralight.com/SC700Fd-21700-XHP702-Floody-Neutral-White-High-CRI-Flashlight_p_240.html

at 5kK, might be a little too cool in temp for you though, so you might need to look outside of ZL if you need 3klm

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn If25a. Available with 95 cri sst20 emitters, has usbc charging.