holly molly man thats HOT

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i love hot food!!!!i always get chicken wings from same place i say make em as hot as ya can make them,im always disapointed.so 2 nights ago i go to a place called zaxbys i say make em hot as ya can/ well they say u sure?im like yes.i forgot what they call em but man they was hotttt i can eat like 5 then ihave to rest lol.but they sure are good

richpalm

Banned
Oh, yeahhhh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif Things have to involve hot peppers for me also!

I'm a vegetarian, except for fish. Tofu was totally disgusting and boring-until I invented my 'tofu from hell' recipe. You'd never see tofu the same way again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i used to get haberno peppers and put em in food dehydrater and then grind em up and places em in vinager made a very very hot sauce. i laugh at tabasco sauce lol ican almost drinkit

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool im not the only hot head in here good links rycen and blinded.im chilling with some salsa now 12 ounce can a tomatoes with 2 haberno peppers good stuff

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife grew a small crop of habanero peppers two years ago. Bugs and varmints ate most of our vegetables that year, but didn't touch the peppers. They were amazingly hot. I had my friends try them whenever I got the chance. The smart ones took a small bite, threw the pepper down, and spit the rest out. The "macho" ones popped the whole thing in their mouth and tried to act cool about it. A couple of them got sick for an hour or two. They were great.

For hot sauces, I like Melindas. My favorite little diner in Columbus has a bottle on every table. My typical breakfast every morning consists of five eggs, scrambled, doused in Melindas hot sauce and sprinkled with fresh ground black pepper. Great way to start the day.

-Keith

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hola, fellow-pepperheads! My current faves are the hot sauces that are made of fruit, spices and peppers. I have a nice mango habanero that makes a great addition to grilled seafood (like tuna or mako shark), when combined with chunks of mango, onion and bell peppers. I've also been into chipotle lately for that unique smoked flavor. So many hot sauces, so little time.

KingSmono

Enlightened
Wow...on that first website. Blairs 3AM hotsauce, $44.95 a bottle!! And it's OUT OF STOCK!! Must be some good stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see others here like hot peppers and sauces.

I got started when I was a cherry boot in Vietnam 35 years ago. When I returned I ate Tobasco and (the rather mild) Lousiana Hot Sauce on everything: grilled cheese sandwiches, cottage cheese, tossed salad, even had it on an apple once or twice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Britt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love hot sauce. haberno peppers is a must in it. this is how i make salsa i get small can a tomotoes i drain a tad a juice in food procser then add 2 habeno peppers orange ones then i turn on procesrer. to get habernos cut up very good. then i add rest of tomatoes from can a pinch a salt then i enjoy.lol i have some hot sauce around here some where itds to hot to eat

Wylie

Enlightened
Dave's insanity sauces ROCK! Get the whole gift pack sampler thing with a bunch of different bottles! You can do everything from fish and chicken with the Ginger Garlic to a mild jerk with the Jumpin Jamaican. It is really some of the tastiest hot sauces I have ever had. I am quite the hot head myself but those haberno I consider something to be very careful with and only taken in moderation. No macho crap for me thank you, I know what those are all about and they're straight freaking HOT!
For a mock Blackened recipe try some ground cayenne, Lawreys season salt, garlic powder,black pepper, a touch of salt. If you would like to tame it a little lemon juice works really nicely and has the right taste for the mix to give it a little tang. Real simple and really tasty!
I do it on catfish and steaks most of the time with the steak on the grill and more smoke then my neighbors would like from the wood chips. The cat can be done either in a pan or rack on the grill as well. Inside the house the chillis can make for a different kind of cooking experience for sure! I have felt as though I should have used a respiratory sometimes!
I got to go cook something now, you guys made me hungry!

Wylie

Enlightened
Oh man,
I had to come back on this one, you guys got me going.
If you guys like a light flavored spicy fish try some of that Dave's Ginger Garlic (very very mild really).Hit it with some ground Cayenne, black pepper and Lawreys in your tempura batter and deep fry in a very light oil using some white fish like catfish. TO DIE FOR!
Freaking grocery stores are all closed or I'd be cooking now!
Well I guess I'm off to the local taquira!

Wylie

Enlightened
B@rt?
You hate fish? What kind have you tried? I have turned many fish haters around as many people do not know how to prepare fish correctly.
Have you ever tried smoked trout or Alaskin Halibut? If you like Lobster give monk fish a try some prople can't tell the difference.
Well I got my fix a carne borro and a side of pickled jalapenos. I'm happy now!

B@rt

Flashaholic
I've tried most kinds, but they all have that "fishy" taste... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I like smoked salmon, but can only eat very little before the fish taste kicks in...
The only fish I can stand is smoked eal... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

UVLaser

Enlightened
Hi,
Dose any know a good pepper websites, I am looking for a website that has the actual peppers not you know sauces,pastes.
Thanks Alot
Bye Now
~Michael~

Wylie

Enlightened
B@rt,
Eel, <font color="green">Yikes! </font> Are these fresh or saltwater eel? I have never tried them myself but really do not like it when I stick them with a hook. The saltwater eel I have had to take off my hook have been completely gnarly with a face full of needle sharp teeth and a body that cannot be held onto just because they are so slick and slimy. If you do grab them you're left with a hand full of what looks to be something that belongs in a tissue when you have a very bad cold, just straight nasty oozy goopy slime. I just got shivers thinking about those eel I have caught in the past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
It's not cheap but is well worth the experience with the Alaskan halibut; besides monkfish this is one of the least fishy tasting fish I have ever eaten. A cup of soy sauce a stick of butter and a lemon is all you need for a marinade that will have the halibut tasting more toward steak then any fish you most likely have ever had. Melt the butter, mix in the juice of the lemon and soy sauce. Don't marinade for more then a half hour then throw it on the BBQ over medium to low heat until it feels firm and is cooked throughout. I don't know anybody that doesn't like this. Try this with Thresher shark and Swordfish as well.
I am a fish eater and the smoked salmon I have bought in the past from stores is a little fishy for me. I do not like that strong fishy taste either. The trout when smoked correctly is a totally different story, if it gets real hot the fish's oils will make it taste fishy and this may be true with the salmon as well. I have never smoke salmon, as I have preferred the trout to salmon since I have tasted the difference. I have given smoked trout I have prepared to fish haters and have been told it tastes more like meat then fish.
It's always cool to see people that say they don't like fish come back for seconds and I have personally seen this time and time again. It's all in the way it is cooked.
Sorry about getting so far off track folks, I just consider fish to be one of the best foods that can be eaten and wish more people knew how to prepare it correctly.