New Fenix Lights 2021

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has already released their new 2021 catalog in Chinese.
I browsed through it to see what's coming in 2021 and these are some of the new lights I could see:

PD32 V 2.0: rear-switch operation with no side switch - as already announced - but can't tell if there are only three levels or multiple modes
PD36 TAC: a PD36 but with the same UI as the TK11 Tac
PD40R V 2.0

TK16 V 2.0: 21700 battery
TK28 TAC: a TK11 TAC with 21700 battery
TK35 UE V 2.0

HM50R V 2.0
HM60R: upgrade of the HL60R with the addition of a flood light
HM70R: an HM60R with 21700 battery

HP16R
HP25R V 2.0
HP30R V 2.0

As far as I remember, it might be one of the best lineups since the early 2010s.

Last edited:

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
Do you have a link to the catalogue? My Google is busted...

I'd be quite interested in the new HM50, especially if it competes with the Perun Mini features.... and I'm a little annoyed at the new TK11, as I just bought the 18650 version!

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Thanks for the link.

58 pages and a whole lotta pictures... but they can't be bothered to indicate the different output levels of each model.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I dins that strange too. They probably do that because some are still prototypes and some specs might change by the time they get released but they could put at least the brightness levels for all other lights.

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Lab!
I'll keep an eye out for that HM50...

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gee . . . . . . . .

They no longer make the PD 35 flashlight ? ? ?

:confused:
_

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has already released their new 2021 catalog in Chinese.
I browsed through it to see what's coming in 2021 and these are some of the new lights I could see:

PD32 V 2.0: rear-switch operation with no side switch - as already announced - but can't tell if there are only three levels or multiple modes
PD36 TAC: a PD36 but with the same UI as the TK11 Tac
PD40R V 2.0

TK16 V 2.0: 21700 battery
TK28 TAC: a TK11 TAC with 21700 battery
TK35 UE V 2.0

HM50R V 2.0
HM60R: upgrade of the HL60R with the addition of a flood light
HM70R: an HM60R with 21700 battery

HP16R
HP25R V 2.0
HP30R V 2.0

As far as I remember, it might be one of the best lineups since the early 2010s.

Looking at the English version I see some additional new lights that have been released yet:

E05R: a USB rechargeable E01 size light with a side switch
E09R: a USB rechargeable E12 size light with a side switch

LR80R: an updated RC40 that is 18k lumens and comes with a carry handle

WF30R: intrinsically safe light with a more traditional flashlight appearance

WT16R: a rectangle shaped light with two lights sources; a large COB light on one sids & a TIR lens on the end. Has magnets in the body as well as a pocket clip, going to be a wonderful work light in the garage
WT25R: a single 18650 version of the WT20R

HL18R-T: trail running version of the HL18R

So far I'm most looking forward to the HM50R, HM70R, WT16R, and WT25R. The LR80R would be awsome to have as well but we'll see where it comes in price wise.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee . . . . . . . .

They no longer make the PD 35 flashlight ? ? ?

:confused:
_

I was surprised by this as well. I don't own one but will now as I have always thought it was a solid option for a simple 18650 light.

Where did you get one already? Prototype testing or review sample? It looks like it's going to be great for long runtime work headlamp.

wjv

Enlightened
Looking at the specs for the PD32 V2 and the TK16 V2 I'm not real impressed.

On the PD32 they reduced the number of modes from 5 to 3. So now you jump from 350L to 1200L. Why not a nice 2h-3h sustainable 700L-800L setting in-between. I still love my old PD32UE with the Natural White LED. Such a great light with a wonderful flood beam, and a 9L low! Only downside to that light is that the run times are poor compared to the newer lights. (760L for 1h)

On the TK16 they kept 5 modes, but these still is a jump from 1,000L to 3,100L.

Of course neither has a real <5L mode.

I was hoping with the 21700 batteries someone would come out with a 1,400L-1,800L light that could actually hold that output for 30 minutes or more. So far the PD36R comes the closest with ~15 minutes on turbo and reasonably flat output on all of the other settings.

But it seems like the flashlight makers have jumped on the 21700 = 3,200 lumen for 1.5 minutes, then drop to 40% output bandwagon. Yes, some of them do have lower setting that are sustainable. I just don't have much use for the 90 second blast that sucks up battery power.

Granted, this is just MY opinion. Other may see things differently and that's fine.

Waiting to see the specs on all of the other 'new for 2021' Fenix lights.

Dave1980

Newly Enlightened
Where did you get one already? Prototype testing or review sample? It looks like it's going to be great for long runtime work headlamp.

Yes it's a review sample for review purposes. They have postponed release whilst they make amendments to the headstrap materials.

Dave1980

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the photos. How does the UI work if you don't mind us asking?
Are the secondary red and white LEDs hidden when cycling through the different brightness levels?

Yes of course. Long press to access beam profiles low, medium, high, turbo. Double press (from off) cycles between red, low flood beam, high flood beam, flashing red (in that order). But yes, 2 different 'menu's' for changing lighting levels, depending on led used.

fuyume

Enlightened
I'm very excited to hear about the TK28 TAC and PD36 TAC. I like the mechanical switch of the TK11, but was thinking I'd rather have a 21700 battery than an 18650. I also see that Fenix has an ARX-E1 v2.0 USB-C charging cradle that allows use as a battery pack to charge other devices, and that means I can standardise on USB-C charging for everything, and get rid of proprietary backup batteries for my iPhone. 5000 mAh is plenty to give me an emergency backup in my handbag until I can get to an outlet.

I can put an ALB-10 bike mount on my handlebars to use either the TK28 TAC or PD36 TAC as a headlight, and I can put a BC05R taillight on the back, which also has USB-C charging.

The PD36 TAC is rated for over 18 hours of runtime at 150 lumens, which is totally fine for riding at night, and even will go over 10 hours at 350 lumens, both with flat discharge curves, according to Fenix' chart. Or 160 hours at 30 lumens, which means I can even use it as a daytime headlight on my bicycle, which I learned riding motorcycles is a very important thing. Even if those are optimistic stats, it should run more than long enough for me to get home from the office when the sun goes down, or go downtown at night to see a show and get home.

And that way, I'd finally have a proper tactical flashlight, which I've wanted for some time. My E12 and HM23 will continue to be perfect utility lights.

I'm hoping to buy an electric bicycle this year to replace most of my local transportation needs. I live on one end of my town, and my office is at the other end, about 3 miles away. In between is all my shopping needs, so as long as the weather is dry, I'd prefer to bike. I'm partially disabled, with a bad knee from a roller skating crash in 2013, so I can't pedal up the steep hill between my house and the rest of town. An electric bike will be perfect. I can still pedal on the flat, just not up even a slight incline, without risking further damage to my knee. And I live alone, so food shopping for one means everything still fits in my basket with my briefcase going back and forth to the office.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also really interested in the TK28 TAC. Hope it comes out soon! I really liked the TK09 (the first version), and I recently switched to carrying the TK11 TAC which has worked pretty well too (I really like the interface of both). I am looking forward to the upgraded overall output and throw from the TK28 TAC!

fuyume

Enlightened
I asked Fenix USA about the TK28 TAC, and they said probably around the end of the Summer, but they didn't have a firm date, yet.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh great, thank you for the update! I'll probably pick one up then. :)

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Fenix used to be my fav of the "off shore lights" it seems their prices got higher compared to others for the same type of lights.

I hope to see them being competitive again, cause I loved so many of their lights for years.

Super nice brochure.

This PDF was 50mb, but took forever to download, their server must be throttling or my ISP for this document.