Looking for a tiny LED flashlight and an LED headlamp

MysticLord

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight Requirements
  • Metal body. Aluminum or steel is perfect.
  • Relatively water resistant (Coastal Oregon monsoons). Will see use in temperatures from 105 degrees to 34 degrees, and 100% humidity for most of the year.
  • Light source: 1 LED.
  • Integrated red lens/filter switcher, ideally something that you twist to change from white to red. Don't need green or blue lenses/filters. Prefer something that without a blue lens, or which lets you switch out integrated lenses/filters.
  • Tiny size, no more than 4 inches long.
  • Enough battery capacity to last several hundred hours.
  • Beveled body.
  • Circular hole somewhere for dummycording to belt loop.
  • Doesn't need to be very bright, just enough to generally see where I'm putting my feet with a red lens at night, and to avoid gouging my eyes out on tree branches.
  • No additional modes (flashing, blinking) needed or wanted. Just on-off, and one power level is perfect.
  • Must have a switch that is easy to find in the dark, hard to accidentally turn on, and doesn't make much noise when turned on. I have a little flashlight made in China that unfortunately has the on-off switch as a twist that also opens the battery holder. I really don't want to drop my batteries in a creek again, hence this thread.
  • Must be fairly robust, able to survive being dropped on a needle-covered forest floor and jostled about in a pack.
  • Would be nice if it's easy to replace broken parts or dead LEDs without any tools or specialized knowledge.
  • Belt clip is nice if a light meets all over criteria, but isn't critical.
  • Budget is less than $200.

Headlamp requirements
  • Same as flashlight, for the most part, except in a headlamp.
  • Must be very simple/easy to use, absolutely no flashing, blinking.
  • Red lens only.
  • Can't make any noise when turning it on.
  • Need some way to cover/hood parts of the light (and/or angle it) so it only illuminates specific areas, like just below my feet and directly in front of me, and isn't visible from farther than 100 feet unless I look straight up.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hmmmmm . . . . .

:whistle:
    _

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
No experience with these models, but might satisfy most of your criteria (not all):

Flashlight: Nitecore P18
Headlamp: NU35

MysticLord

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmmm . . . . .

:whistle:
    _
I've had a little 1 LED flashlight with 3 AAA batteries which I haven't changed in 6 years. I used to read books with it every night while camping. I have no idea what it's capacity is - or what's considered normal - but it's lasted a long time.

So let's change that to "the absolute longest duration of battery capacity possible".

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
No can do on a tiny flashlight that goes several hundred hours at any sort of usable light level it will take a larger light perhaps 18650 based. As for a headlamp I have a Fenix HL60R with dual red LEDs and hidden flash modes and 5 lumen mode that goes for a long time.