Almost a $Billion!

Would you share it?
    How would you protect it?
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Current Mega Millions

Estimate 1 billion by drawing time

Cash take home 700,000 million

US financial institutions that have FDIC insure up to $250k (per name) on any account..

Unless the Feds are taken over by foriegn lenders, this is safest insurance available to lottery winners, or anyone with big money

So, wha'cha gonna buy first Poppy?

I'd probably be broke by the third year. But I'd sure have some nice camera lenses and probably better tires on my 95 Ranger pickup truck.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

New rubber on ol Ranger!? Byk, have you seen new Bronco, what color would you and Mrs like (:

Lagging sales of lottery tickets causing larger pots? Another result of pandemic?

Consider trying out your luck before laying your money down. Go out to a football field with eyes closed. Stop in a random spot, bend down and act like you are picking up a dime. If you found a dime, you won. I understand that is similar to your odds of winning these lotteries.

*Flashaholic*

I'd be giving it to lots of people, starting with my two siblings (at least $10 million each so they can quit the jobs they hate and enjoy life). I personally have no need for anything beyond maybe $10 million. That's enough to buy a nice place to live and for financial security. For me the biggest plus would be having enough to pay good people to take care of my mother so I could get my life back.

Flashaholic*

Iíd buy like 4 special run HDS and if there is anything left Iíd donate some to St. Jude.

In all honesty I wouldnít know what to do with that much money. Lots of it would certainly go to St. Jude and maybe a few other select charities. The rest would go to my wife and children and Iíd probably open up an outdoors store just to have something to do
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

+

Buy 15~20 square miles of land in Canada & have money to pay those taxes (in gold or something)
    Good land in the mountains.
    Last edited by orbital; 01-23-2021 at 07:56 AM. Reason: in miles

Giving family a sizeable amount is a way to shut them up, but it needs to be clear this is a one time event. Never again. Sink or swim.

Everyone's motives (family, friend, foe) will be questioned by you for the rest of your life.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Flashaholic*

For sure the ones that hate your guts will all of sudden be knocking on your door

I can think of two words for those kinda people..

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    For sure the ones that hate your guts will all of sudden be knocking on your door

I can think of two words for those kinda people..
    Same here. I don't want to see people who were supposedly my friends 30 or 40 years ago but I haven't heard from them once over the years.

Estimate 1 billion by drawing time

Cash take home 700,000 million

US financial institutions that have FDIC insure up to $250k (per name) on any account..

Unless the Feds are taken over by foriegn lenders, this is safest insurance available to lottery winners, or anyone with big money

So, wha'cha gonna buy first Poppy?
    It's funny that you mentioned a Bronco to bykfixer.
    That may actually be on my list.

Years ago, I wanted one, but my wife wouldn't let me get it. She said that if the kids were in the back seat and anything happened they may not be able to get out. I took one for a ride anyway, and got into the back seat and said... Damn, she's right! I bought an Aerostar instead.

Years later my son wanted one, and I convinced her to let him have one. It was a very nice 1996 Eddie Bower edition, (the last year they made them) in great shape. He hit a curve with black ice and didn't quite take out the tree, but the truck lost. We got him a 1990 as a replacement. It was mine for a while, but it had to meet the compactor after gas reached about $4 a gallon, (they only got 12 MPG) and the oil pan rotted out.

Both were great trucks, and were a lot of fun to take on rugged trails. It kinda made you feel like you were a REAL MAN, although the truck did all the work. I guess it was cool because YOU were the one controlling the beast. ?

I think that the 2005 prototype looked cooler than the 2021 version. I'd certainly take a 2021 version for a ride.

I really don't know what I would buy.

"I could buy me a boat... I could buy me a truck to pull it"
    "I could buy me a Yeti 110, iced down with some silver bullets!"

New rubber on ol Ranger!? Byk, have you seen new Bronco, what color would you and Mrs like (:
    When I received a brand new F-150 for work it took 3 people 10 minutes to figure out how to open the darn hood. When it was up I did not recognize half of the stuff on or around the engine. No radiator cap? Where's the battery? It's got everything but the kitchen sink yet if I ever need a jump start I have no idea where to hook the cables.
    I did like those 1980's Broncos though.

Nah, I think I'd stick to old faithful and maybe restore a 4 door from the late 60's. They're just easier to get in and out of in parking lots versus those two door numbers with 800 pound doors and hoods the size of a small bass boat. Perhaps a Falcon station wagon. Those were pretty cool.

Nobody in my imediate family would have a house payment. Friends? Pffft, release the hounds on those parasitesÖÖ
    St Jude would be a great place to add a wing. And I'd do my best to help homeless vets. I'd go to work the following week but if the boss gets all stink eyed, I'd probably see how far I could go before getting fired. Why quit when you can have so much fun torturing those who've tortured you all this time.

But since I don't play the lottery I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    <SNIP> I'd probably see how far I could go before getting fired. Why quit when you can have so much fun torturing those who've tortured you all this time.
    LOL... been there... done that. It was a LOT of fun!

*Flashaholic*

I'd go to work the following week but if the boss gets all stink eyed, I'd probably see how far I could go before getting fired. Why quit when you can have so much fun torturing those who've tortured you all this time.
    Assuming the boss isn't the one who actually owns the company, why not just buy the company, fire the boss (and anyone else you didn't like), then sell the company to someone else? That's a nice way to get back without having the hassle of continuing to go to work each day.

Iím $40 in w 2 neighbors. So 120 chances at 247M lol. Ainít gonna win if you donít play. Why not us?
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by jtr1962 View Post
    Assuming the boss isn't the one who actually owns the company, why not just buy the company, fire the boss (and anyone else you didn't like), then sell the company to someone else? That's a nice way to get back without having the hassle of continuing to go to work each day.
    WOW! Spoken like a true New Yorker!
    Now.... That's how to get even!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Iím $40 in w 2 neighbors. So 120 chances at 247M lol. Ainít gonna win if you donít play. Why not us?
    Hey my friend.. good luck to you.
    I just checked with my daughter to make sure that we were in for tonight.

We spent more in the past couple of weeks than we have all last year.
    So good luck to me too!

May the Force be with us!

Yes sir!! Good luck Poppy!!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

I work for a big rich engineering firm. I'm just unit 10648.

*Flashaholic*

I work for a big rich engineering firm. I'm just unit 10648.
    OK, so even with hundreds of millions it wouldn't be possible to buy the company.

OK, so even with hundreds of millions it wouldn't be possible to buy the company.
    The sale is at the discretion of the owner/board of directors. Now you could buy using a proxy or under a dummy corporation name, but a responsible owner/board would probably find you out.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

I`d buy a Massive peice of land far away from any complainers, fence it off, build a big stage and PA with all the lighting and couple of side stages and host a gigantic 3 day EDM Music festival each year heavily featuring new bands that haven`t been given a shot yet. I`d like to have a place for the tents and vans and stuff with a central dance area and lots of little stalls around the edge selling t-shirts and glow sticks etc...
    I`d also buy a little country bookshop / coffee house, I`d also buy a car and hire a Driver (I don`t drive).
    Much of the cash I`d buy physical Gold and Silver with and take delivery of it (if you can`t hold it, you don`t own it!) no need for fake insurance then.
    This would be the First year taken care of

Flashaholic*

^^ thatís a good idea. Somewhere between 96-2000 my cousin went to a concert while he was in the navy (canít remember who he went to see) and evanescence opened for them. He said they got booed off stage before they even really got to play. People probably missed out on a pretty good show just for not knowing who they were and not giving them a shot.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    ^^ ..evanescence opened for them. He said they got booed off stage before they even really got to play. People probably missed out on a pretty good show just for not knowing who they were and not giving them a shot.
    +

Just incredible coincidence !!!!!

I haven't purchased a CD in like 20 years & just a few days ago took delivery of Evanescence ~ Fallen

Absolutely true story.

I have a video of the Cars way back when they had just released first album. The show was in a bar full of bearded disco dudes and Farah Fawcett haired dolls who were looking the Ben, Ric, Greg and Elliott like "whatthehell is this nonsense?" At the end of each song a few people kinda clapped. Drummer David Robinson was the only famous guy in the band back then although most these days would say "the Modern Lovers, never heard of them".
    I also have a bootleg of the Beatles first gig after deciding to venture out from being Tony Sheridans band. Again it was a bar and they sang "I saw her standing there". At the end of the song you hear like 3 people clapping.

Now btt, on the way down the interstate yesterday I saw the giant billboard change from 999,999,99x to 1ÖÖ
    billion.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-23-2021 at 01:53 PM.

January 23, 2021
    DETROIT (AP) ó Someone in Michigan bought the winning ticket for the $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot, which is the third-largest lottery prize in U.S. history.

The winning numbers for Friday nightís drawing were 4, 26, 42, 50 and 60, with a Mega Ball of 24. The winning ticket was purchased at a Kroger store in the Detroit suburb of Novi, the Michigan Lottery said.