Current Mega Millions

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Estimate 1 billion by drawing time

Cash take home 700,000 million

US financial institutions that have FDIC insure up to $250k (per name) on any account..

Unless the Feds are taken over by foriegn lenders, this is safest insurance available to lottery winners, or anyone with big money

So, wha'cha gonna buy first Poppy?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lagging sales of lottery tickets causing larger pots? Another result of pandemic?

Consider trying out your luck before laying your money down. Go out to a football field with eyes closed. Stop in a random spot, bend down and act like you are picking up a dime. If you found a dime, you won. I understand that is similar to your odds of winning these lotteries.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'd be giving it to lots of people, starting with my two siblings (at least $10 million each so they can quit the jobs they hate and enjoy life). I personally have no need for anything beyond maybe $10 million. That's enough to buy a nice place to live and for financial security. For me the biggest plus would be having enough to pay good people to take care of my mother so I could get my life back.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy like 4 special run HDS and if there is anything left I'd donate some to St. Jude.

In all honesty I wouldn't know what to do with that much money. Lots of it would certainly go to St. Jude and maybe a few other select charities. The rest would go to my wife and children and I'd probably open up an outdoors store just to have something to do

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Buy 15~20 square miles of land in Canada & have money to pay those taxes (in gold or something)
Good land in the mountains.

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
Giving family a sizeable amount is a way to shut them up, but it needs to be clear this is a one time event. Never again. Sink or swim.

Everyone's motives (family, friend, foe) will be questioned by you for the rest of your life.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
For sure the ones that hate your guts will all of sudden be knocking on your door

I can think of two words for those kinda people..
Same here. I don't want to see people who were supposedly my friends 30 or 40 years ago but I haven't heard from them once over the years.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Estimate 1 billion by drawing time

Cash take home 700,000 million

US financial institutions that have FDIC insure up to $250k (per name) on any account..

Unless the Feds are taken over by foriegn lenders, this is safest insurance available to lottery winners, or anyone with big money

So, wha'cha gonna buy first Poppy?

It's funny that you mentioned a Bronco to bykfixer.
That may actually be on my list.

Years ago, I wanted one, but my wife wouldn't let me get it. She said that if the kids were in the back seat and anything happened they may not be able to get out. I took one for a ride anyway, and got into the back seat and said... Damn, she's right! I bought an Aerostar instead.

Years later my son wanted one, and I convinced her to let him have one. It was a very nice 1996 Eddie Bower edition, (the last year they made them) in great shape. He hit a curve with black ice and didn't quite take out the tree, but the truck lost. We got him a 1990 as a replacement. It was mine for a while, but it had to meet the compactor after gas reached about $4 a gallon, (they only got 12 MPG) and the oil pan rotted out.

Both were great trucks, and were a lot of fun to take on rugged trails. It kinda made you feel like you were a REAL MAN, although the truck did all the work. :rolleyes: I guess it was cool because YOU were the one controlling the beast. ?

I think that the 2005 prototype looked cooler than the 2021 version. I'd certainly take a 2021 version for a ride.

I really don't know what I would buy.

"I could buy me a boat... I could buy me a truck to pull it"
"I could buy me a Yeti 110, iced down with some silver bullets!"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
New rubber on ol Ranger!? Byk, have you seen new Bronco, what color would you and Mrs like :)

When I received a brand new F-150 for work it took 3 people 10 minutes to figure out how to open the darn hood. When it was up I did not recognize half of the stuff on or around the engine. No radiator cap? Where's the battery? It's got everything but the kitchen sink yet if I ever need a jump start I have no idea where to hook the cables.
I did like those 1980's Broncos though.

Nah, I think I'd stick to old faithful and maybe restore a 4 door from the late 60's. They're just easier to get in and out of in parking lots versus those two door numbers with 800 pound doors and hoods the size of a small bass boat. Perhaps a Falcon station wagon. Those were pretty cool.

Nobody in my imediate family would have a house payment. Friends? Pffft, release the hounds on those parasites……
St Jude would be a great place to add a wing. And I'd do my best to help homeless vets. I'd go to work the following week but if the boss gets all stink eyed, I'd probably see how far I could go before getting fired. Why quit when you can have so much fun torturing those who've tortured you all this time.

But since I don't play the lottery I'll never know.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'd go to work the following week but if the boss gets all stink eyed, I'd probably see how far I could go before getting fired. Why quit when you can have so much fun torturing those who've tortured you all this time.
Assuming the boss isn't the one who actually owns the company, why not just buy the company, fire the boss (and anyone else you didn't like), then sell the company to someone else? That's a nice way to get back without having the hassle of continuing to go to work each day.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Assuming the boss isn't the one who actually owns the company, why not just buy the company, fire the boss (and anyone else you didn't like), then sell the company to someone else? That's a nice way to get back without having the hassle of continuing to go to work each day.
WOW! Spoken like a true New Yorker!
Now.... That's how to get even!!!
:)

I'm $40 in w 2 neighbors. So 120 chances at 247M lol. Ain't gonna win if you don't play. Why not us? :D
Hey my friend.. good luck to you.
I just checked with my daughter to make sure that we were in for tonight.

We spent more in the past couple of weeks than we have all last year.
So good luck to me too! :)

May the Force be with us!

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I work for a big rich engineering firm. I'm just unit 10648.