Poll: 2021 Elzetta Bones Or MD2 M361 4500k

2021 Elzetta Bones or Malkoff MD2 M361 SW45 4500k?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you,

I am looking at the 2021 Elzetta Bones, or the MD2 M361 ( possible group buy ) with an SW45 ( 4500k 9080 ) .
looking for a white tint as well as some rosey, doesn't matter if its HCRI or not ( or does it? )

I think the bones has that white rose tint to it similar to Nichia. right?
best all rounder?.

thank you again.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I know nothing about the 021 Bones beyond what has been stated here at CPF. If it's beam tint and potential CRI at the top of your list then the Malkoff would probably be the way to go.

The 650 lumen Bones lights I own appear more like a 219C than B as there is a sort of hint of gold in the beam, not a rosey tint.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks mr Fixer!.

I know nothing about the 021 Bones beyond what has been stated here at CPF. If it's beam tint and potential CRI at the top of your list then the Malkoff would probably be the way to go.

The 650 lumen Bones lights I own appear more like a 219C than B as there is a sort of hint of gold in the beam, not a rosey tint.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not put the Malkoff Nichia in a Bravo? Best of both worlds.
For what it's worth my 219B V2 P61 is more brown than Pink when compatrd to an SW45. Also I think it's 4000K.
P

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the new AVS head yesterday based on the output photos; I would expect the Bones to get /have the same upgrade.

However, given the "overallness" of the two lights, I would probably - if I could only have one - buy the M361 and put it in a Malkoff host because of the available clip. IMO, the Elzetta speed clip basically sucks. I find a clip to be an integral part of a flashlight for me. The speed clip was clearly an afterthought to people carrying the light in say, a side holster or attaching it to a gun.

The Prometheus clip for the Malkoff simply rocks.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted Bones under the assumption that it will carry over the updated AVS/LED from the Bravo/Charlie. I understand that there are many who may be uneasy regarding the daylight tint of the XM-L3. For what it is worth, I made a previous remark regarding the high accuracy of its white translation across a color checker. Along with good color separation, it can be considered a reference 6200K-6500K if your collection lacks a daylight tinted torch.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I voted Bones because I like the Bones more than a Malkoff. Now if the options were 650 lumen Bravo AVS hi/lo versus the M361 I'd have picked the Malkoff. Settings options and starts on low. I like the medium of the 361.

One thing I liked about the 650 lumen Bones was the neutral tint. It looks like the upgrade will be a daytime tint, which I actually prefer in general. Ah, but that leads me to a stop sign with the new version. I have plenty of 6200 lights already so one reason I preferred the Bones over them at times is that golden ray of sunshine lighting up a dark manhole in daytime or when out at night in a high humidity setting where the warm-ish tint does not cause my retinas to rebel when those gazzilion water drops in my face light up.

So me, I'll probably skip the new Bravo and Bones, simply because of the cooler tint. As I said I prefer a cooler tint in my battle lights, but the Elzetta neutral tint was like a hot meal behind the lines after a week in a trench.