• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired THREE Milky creations plus more - PACKAGE FOR SALE! - SOLD

midwestpilot

Newly Enlightened
Whole package, sold TOGETHER (no breaking up, please):

- Milky "Luna Special Reserve" – The band also says "LuxK2-TFFCTWOF Novatac 20mm Acorn 1.3 ("Califon" Firmware) Works with 1x Rechargeable or 2x Primary Cells". This is a cool light. Described by Scott (Milky) as – ""it's essentially a Creemator, but uses a Luxeon K2-TFFC emitter in place of the Cree... output is about the same, maybe just marginally less, but so close as the handle the same in practice. I made it for myself to achieve a combination of high output, near-perfect tint, near-perfect beam quality, good combination of hotspot and sidespill, and surprisingly good throw for a reflectored light. It uses a domed lens and the reflector from the Novatac120 series of flashlights. The combination generates IMHO a stunning beam that would lend itself to a wide array of tasks. I'll load my custom 'Califon' firmware on the light to give you an even lower ultralow (guessing it delivers one-half lumen, similar to the amount of illumination filtered through a window on the night of a full moon) as well as a devastating strobe and ultralow locator blink." I've always run this with CR123A batts. Never rechargeable, and I'm not sure what size that would be, but if you are reading this, you probably do!

- (2) Milky Aviator A2 mods - Milky modded these for me in 2009. The sticker bands say: "A2 Nichia 3mm LEDectomy – 3x Nichia NSPW310CS Rank COV" and "A2 LEDectomy – Nichia 3mm NSPW310DS Rank COV".

Two new A2's were sent to Scott, and he converted the standard red LED's to 3mm Nichia white LED's. One of the two is running the standard surefire incandescent bulb, the other has the FiveMega Strion kit installed. The LED rings were intended to be of a brightness that was not overly harsh, and better for reading in a cockpit (I actually was a pilot using A2 Aviator lights, who would have thunk?), but more than bright to find your way around a room at night. The incandescent Surefire bulb works great, and a second replacement is included. The strion bulbs are cheap and easy to get and the one I have was replaced not too long ago and should run for quite a while. Runs on CR123A. Great lights!

- Surefire 6P body running FM1794 – this was considered a very bright light when it was made, putting out a reported 628 bulb lumens of incandescent light. Powered by two rechargeable IMR16340 batts, this was designed for a lot of light, for a short amount of time. The original batts are included along with the charger, but you should get a couple new batteries as these are very old. However, they still work for a short period of time, and yes, it's still bright. A heavy duty belt case with clip is included.

- New FiveMega Gray E series single 16340 body
- Arc 4+ - not functioning. I think the tail switch died. If you want it to play with, fix, etc. – terrific. Original instruction sheet included!

You can try asking questions, but I have tried to put everything I could find/remember about these lights above. These lights are as you see them. They've been used, not left on a shelf. So, they show wear. Don't like it? Get a touch up pen if you are picky. These are tools, and their marks show use! Cool tools, though! Selling it all as a package - $400 via Paypal includes shipping in the continental US.

And to answer the question of why I'd still have the Milky stickers on them if they were actually used by me, when I got them I took off the stickers and stored them, and have re-applied them here. Yes, I'm a careful owner of things, and have saved them since they were made.

Please respond via direct message.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: THREE Milky creations plus more - PACKAGE FOR SALE!

This for-sale thread is a delightful bit of flashlight excellence. Thanks for the personal history; makes them all the more interesting.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested in the gray FiveMega e series body if you decide to part them 😁

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be down for the Arc4 project, if you split.

midwestpilot

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, will keep it in mind. Still hoping for a sale of everything.

midwestpilot

Newly Enlightened

BUMP, PRICE REDUCTION, AND IF IT DOESN'T SELL AT THIS PRICE, IT'S COMING DOWN. GET YOUR MILKY ANTIQUES HERE!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: THREE Milky creations plus more - PACKAGE FOR SALE! - PRICE REDUCTION

Did you actually use the lights for a pre-flight check? If so, how long did it take and how long until the batteries had to be switched out. I had a friend that did a 3-hour pre-flight check and he was throwing out cells constantly, until I got him a rechargeable rcr123 and it dummy slug

midwestpilot

Newly Enlightened

A 3-hour pre-flight? I'm not a commercial/military pilot. Recreational. Exterior pre-flight at night is 15-20 min and then usage in the cockpit. Batteries were never an issue and that's why I carried two. The LED's alone on a dark night are helpful for pre flight. The incandescent spot is only used occasionally.

midwestpilot

Newly Enlightened

FINAL PRICE REDUCTION TO $400