20210127151325_73893.gif

20210127151339_48768.jpg

Fenix LR50R:https://www.fenixlight.com/product/detail/index.php?id=153
20210127152813_60380.jpg

20210127152823_11867.jpg

20210127152837_62797.jpg

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why on Earth do companies put red and blue flashing lights on civilian lights? That's just asking for trouble.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am liking the TK16 V2 quite a bit. Will definitely be picking one up to fill the gap between my LD12 2017 and TK75 2015.

The LR50R is quite impressive and I like that they incorporated both a rechargeable pack and the option to use 4x21700s. I believe this makes it the first light to do so?

Why on Earth do companies put red and blue flashing lights on civilian lights? That's just asking for trouble.

I can see a use for red in this setup actually. It's the perfect size to clip on a backpack, waist belt, rear of a hat, etc to provide an additional level of visibility for folks who might walk, run, or bike at night and if hiking in a group can be a way to help keep tabs on where people are. Plus, it really shouldn't be the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure the end use follows any applicable laws in their area.

Cool white with no proper low mode...

I was really hoping for a NW and a sub 1 lumen mode, it'd make a perfect little pajama light for when I get with the baby at night or when on vacation and don't want to light up the whole hotel room, guess I'll keep using my Eagletac D25A2.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see a use for red in this setup actually. It's the perfect size to clip on a backpack, waist belt, rear of a hat, etc to provide an additional level of visibility for folks who might walk, run, or bike at night and if hiking in a group can be a way to help keep tabs on where people are. Plus, it really shouldn't be the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure the end use follows any applicable laws in their area.

Rechecking Fenix's site, it's not a red and blue flash like a police vehicle, it's a red flash or a blue flash. That's absolutely fine.

Some civilian aimed lights however have red and blue flashes that mimic a police vehicle, that's what I have a problem with. That's a possible felony.

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
I have had the TK16 2.0 for a few days now and am generally pleased. The light pattern is extremely bright and even on the turbo mode it presents the sort of intense, not-too-warm white I prefer. This is the brightest flashlight (yet) that I have owned and it gets warm quickly at the front barrel but not unexpectedly so. I wish there were a ~1-5 lm mode but that is a small nitpick. I also bought the diffuser for this model and can say that it does not seem to fit confidently. I wish there were a red LED but otherwise I'm happy as a peach. In particular I like how lightweight this flashlight is with battery.

The cell is my first with an integrated USB charger and I am unexpectedly surprised by how much I like it. This may be in part because I am a big fan of USB type C connectors which in my opinion is very well-suited to the cell. I have discharged the battery within the light and fully recharged via USB type C twice now, and it works very well with my many, many, many run of the mill phone and laptop chargers. USB battery packs also charge it up just fine. I love the flexibility. As someone who has been involved in battery design for 15 years, I understand all the conceptual and architectural hangups that come with embedded charging circuitry; nevertheless I really like the trend from the user experience perspective.

Last edited:

bartekreaper

Newly Enlightened
Why Fenix still make poop/worthless flashlights? Like anyone beat it, Hank lights are top tier with Anduril. Acebeam can use Nichia/Neutral White LEDs and Fenix dont...

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I have had the TK16 2.0 for a few days now and am generally pleased. The light pattern is extremely bright and even on the turbo mode it presents the sort of intense, not-too-warm white I prefer. This is the brightest flashlight (yet) that I have owned and it gets warm quickly at the front barrel but not unexpectedly so. I wish there were a ~1-5 lm mode but that is a small nitpick. I also bought the diffuser for this model and can say that it does not seem to fit confidently. I wish there were a red LED but otherwise I'm happy as a peach. In particular I like how lightweight this flashlight is with battery.

The cell is my first with an integrated USB charger and I am unexpectedly surprised by how much I like it. This may be in part because I am a big fan of USB type C connectors which in my opinion is very well-suited to the cell. I have discharged the battery within the light and fully recharged via USB type C twice now, and it works very well with my many, many, many run of the mill phone and laptop chargers. USB battery packs also charge it up just fine. I love the flexibility. As someone who has been involved in battery design for 15 years, I understand all the conceptual and architectural hangups that come with embedded charging circuitry; nevertheless I really like the trend from the user experience perspective.

Can the TK16 v2 work with standard flat-top unprotected cells?

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
I'm very pleased with my TK16. It's the light I carry at work. With the supplied battery it runs a long time. I've had it for about a month now and still on the first charge. It would be nice to have a lower low mode.