【New Product】XTAR VC4L Charger

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Glad to share XTAR released new VC4L charger!

VC4L charger is the upgrade version of VC4. Comparing with VC4, the new VC4L has the popular type-C input port. And it's compatible with protected 21700 batteries, can charge four 21700 batteries at once.

You can buy it from our official Amazon store:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R88TMZ8/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Au7wefY.jpg
[/IMG]
besThQo.jpg
[/IMG]

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superb! This is why XTAR is one of my favorites :) . Please update your VP series for USB-C input also!

Last edited:

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Hi, this VC4L charger supports USB-A to USB-C and also USB-C to USB-C cables. If your phone charging cord with Type C, can also be compatible. :)

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
Hi, this VC4L charger supports USB-A to USB-C and also USB-C to USB-C cables. If your phone charging cord with Type C, can also be compatible. :)

I am interested in the charger but I am concerned with an Amazon review that states that the port is not completely USB-C compatible. You are certain that any common USB–C cable will work?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
You can check these pics below. USB-A to USB-C and USB-C to USB-C cables are fine:

ZTKm9Mv.png
[/IMG]

OwqB0tY.jpg
[/IMG]

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazon has two VC4L but only one listing states (2021 upgraded)

The other VC4L comes with 2.1 wall adapter. That unit sells for few USD less.. What's that all about.. Oh, and both sold from same seller AllmaybeWorks

Are both above chargers USB-C equipped ?

Thx..

Btw, the reviewer insisted the Xtar cable is

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Hi, there is VC4L in our offical store: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R88TMZ8/?tag=cpf0b6-20
And yes, these VC4L chargers are all USB-C equipped. For VC4L with 2.1 wall adapter combination, there is promotional price. If you need it, can feel free to buy one. :naughty:

Amazon has two VC4L but only one listing states (2021 upgraded)

The other VC4L comes with 2.1 wall adapter. That unit sells for few USD less.. What's that all about.. Oh, and both sold from same seller AllmaybeWorks

Are both above chargers USB-C equipped ?

Thx..

Btw, the reviewer insisted the Xtar cable is

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
I received the unit already (fast shipping!) and can confirm two things:

1) it fits and charges the single protected 21700 cell I have. This is cool!

2) it does NOT seem to play nice with standard USB-C cables. All of my Apple USB-C cables do not work, regardless of age, length etc. I also have some Anker cables that do not work. This is regardless of what they are connected to on the other side from cheap USB-C wall worts to MacBook Pro and iPad chargers to various USB-C PD/QC battery packs. The included USB-A to USB-C works fine. I have a pile of junk USB-C cables in a bag somewhere that I'll try out later, but there does appear to be some issue with its adherence to the standard which is concerning.

Powered with the included cable it appear to work well with a bright, vibrant display.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Sphinx99 --

Thank you for your Report !

I was *afraid* of that . . . . . .

:thumbsdow
_

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
I have since confirmed with the manufacture that this device does not seem to support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables. It would not work with either my Apple or Anker cables, however I was able to get it to work with some no-name, very thin and poorly shielded cables that I must have gotten with some cheap charger years ago. Because of this, I will be returning it for now. The charger seem to work properly otherwise, and has a nice display, but the improperly implemented USB support is a deal killer for me.

as a note, I realized after using this device that I would prefer to have an analyzer function so hopefully we will see one of their more premium devices updated with both protected 21700 support as well as the USB-C connector.

Hailey

Newly Enlightened
It seems this VC4L can work with the 60w rated USB-C to USB-C cables, while doesn't support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables as you confirmed. It's recommend 5V / 2.1A power source on their amazon store. Using type C to C charging cord from the smart phone, it can work with no problem. For 100W, 60W power source, it's much high efficiency with high speed data transfer. While, is it necessary to use 100W rated source for this VC4L charger? Sorry for my asking stupid questions, maybe you people know all this stuff and I don't have a clue! :candle:

I have since confirmed with the manufacture that this device does not seem to support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables. It would not work with either my Apple or Anker cables, however I was able to get it to work with some no-name, very thin and poorly shielded cables that I must have gotten with some cheap charger years ago. Because of this, I will be returning it for now. The charger seem to work properly otherwise, and has a nice display, but the improperly implemented USB support is a deal killer for me.

as a note, I realized after using this device that I would prefer to have an analyzer function so hopefully we will see one of their more premium devices updated with both protected 21700 support as well as the USB-C connector.

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
It seems this VC4L can work with the 60w rated USB-C to USB-C cables, while doesn't support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables as you confirmed. It's recommend 5V / 2.1A power source on their amazon store. Using type C to C charging cord from the smart phone, it can work with no problem. For 100W, 60W power source, it's much high efficiency with high speed data transfer. While, is it necessary to use 100W rated source for this VC4L charger? Sorry for my asking stupid questions, maybe you people know all this stuff and I don't have a clue! :candle:

For me, it was about interchangeability. I mean, I have 21700 cells with integrated USB-C ports that charge just fine with every charger and cable I have. I have phones that work just fine. I have cheap portable battery packs that work perfectly. Only the VC4L doesn't. I do not want to worry about carrying one set of cables just for the charger when I travel but I acknowledge this is a use case specific to me. I imagine that people who plug the charger in on a counter and leave it there for 3 years will be just fine.

in any case, mine was returned and refunded promptly and I will reconsider it if the limitation is ever removed.

loonybin

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived two days ago, and I must say, to not have a choice in what amperage to charge cells is disappointing. My AA Eneloops tend to have better longevity when charged at 700mA, and my previous charger - a AccuPower IQ-328 - let me choose what charging current, between 200, 500, 700, and 1000mA. There are only two options with this thing. I may end up returning it to get something with more options.

jjbond

Newly Enlightened
BS, not to happy... do you not realize that when people buy a USB-C device they assume you're following the USB-C standard? None of the USB-C chargers or cables I have including Apple USB-C and other brands fail to show any life, no matter which way the USB-C is inserted, not that that should matter. I bought it for the USB-C, not some hacked version of it that forces me to use your cable and adapter!!!!!

jjbond

Newly Enlightened
It seems this VC4L can work with the 60w rated USB-C to USB-C cables, while doesn't support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables as you confirmed. It's recommend 5V / 2.1A power source on their amazon store. Using type C to C charging cord from the smart phone, it can work with no problem. For 100W, 60W power source, it's much high efficiency with high speed data transfer. While, is it necessary to use 100W rated source for this VC4L charger? Sorry for my asking stupid questions, maybe you people know all this stuff and I don't have a clue! 🕯️
Same with me, they should be forbidden from posting here if they're going to sell non standard items under false pretenses.

jjbond

Newly Enlightened
It seems this VC4L can work with the 60w rated USB-C to USB-C cables, while doesn't support 100W USB-C to USB-C cables as you confirmed. It's recommend 5V / 2.1A power source on their amazon store. Using type C to C charging cord from the smart phone, it can work with no problem. For 100W, 60W power source, it's much high efficiency with high speed data transfer. While, is it necessary to use 100W rated source for this VC4L charger? Sorry for my asking stupid questions, maybe you people know all this stuff and I don't have a clue! 🕯️
Not true, didnt' work at all with any type C cables I had including Apple and Anker cables and adapters.