C2/M2 Bodies

Spike

Newly Enlightened
Can someone give me some simple information regarding the C2/M2.
Is a C2 body the same as the M2 body other than the writing on the side and additional o'rings? Is the C2 cut to take these additional o'rings and does any one have an image of the M2 body to show their position.
What difference to the lights water resistance do the o'rings make?
Spike

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
The M2/C2 bodies are the same with the exception of
the "o" rings and the inscriptions.

It is possible to add the extra "o" ring to the C2 body
(the groove is already there).

The double "o" rings provide another barrier to the
introduction of water to the inside of the light.

The "o" rings are available from Surefire.
Sometimes they charge you for them and sometimes
they send them at no charge./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
what lux said is correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the C2 and M2 bodies are physically identical except for the inscriptions on the side. all other standard sized surefires can take the extra O-ring, including the Z2, 6P, C2, C3, etc. the extra O-ring is a G2 O-ring by the way, and it is the one that sits closer to the threads.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
That's correct but the question concerned the body. C2 and M2 bezels are interchangeable.

Brightnorm

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
No, but you can order the M2 bezel in black. Since the C2 body and tailcap is the same as the M2, the M2 Bezel (black) and C2 body and tailcap in black = M2-BK.

hope that makes sense. I made a couple of M2-bk's this way and love em'.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I made a black M2 (not HA) too...

L5b.jpg

There was a C2 in HA Black but there is no M2 bezel is Black HA that I'm aware of.

Al

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh I see... That looks cool.

Don't worry GarminGPSMap, I understood you perfectly. I asked because I was curious why is there a black bezel for the M2 but not the M2 body except if I opt for the black C2.

Andy Ho

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
Dang, Al has all the goodies!

I think the M2-BK bezel is for a weaponslight maybe? Don't know why it exists. I got a tip from CPF and called SF and ordered one. It was around $28. Took a few calls to get it though, some SF customer service people act like it does not exist,others say they don't sell parts.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GarminGPSMap said:
Dang, Al has all the goodies!

I think the M2-BK bezel is for a weaponslight maybe? Don't know why it exists. I got a tip from CPF and called SF and ordered one. It was around $28. Took a few calls to get it though, some SF customer service people act like it does not exist,others say they don't sell parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will have more success getting the parts if you have the part numbers. Some customer service people don't seem to want to take the time to look them up.

The M2 bezel in black is 13586-11.

The second 0-ring for the tail is 19-01-077.

Just say you want part number such and such, when you call Surefire customer service.

Order some batteries too, while you are at it. Free shipping if you are over $99.00. I even get them to ship to my PO Box, by explaining that it is much more secure than my front stoop.

oldgrandpajack

Spike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, I e-mailed Surefire but they were reluctant to supply the o'rings. It appears from what I've read on the forum you can get a varied response from SF's customer service. A trip to a plumbing merchants and I've found an exact match which fits a treat. The next step is to test it underwater. How deep is an M2 good for?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe the black M2 bezel was made for SureFire enthusiasts (to convert C2-BK and C3-BK into Shock Isolted, Pyrex lens models)

Spike,
Why do you need to test it underwater? Do you have a need to take it underwater?
I don't have any problem about taking my M2 down as deep as I can go without needing air - same as other SureFires I have (except the rechargeables).
SureFires are not divelights though.

The double o-ring allows the TailCap to be rotated underwater.

Al

Spike

Newly Enlightened
Al
All I really wanted to do was end up making the C2 with an M2 bezel as robust as possible. Real depth will never be an issue. I want a flashlight for s&r that can be happily submerged say in a river or lake and will continue to work.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
That second o-ring (19-01-077) fits all the slab sided, with etching, Surefire P, D, Z and C series flashlights. Comes standard on the L5, L6, M2, M3 and M4.

I've tried it on the older, round bodied, Surefires. The tail cap is much harder to get started and turn on these, with the second o-ring. I don't know if it's the groove being to large in diameter or if it's the old tail caps are too small in diameter.

Order enough to put one on all your Surefires that will accept it. I have.

oldgrandpajack

haley1

Enlightened
I took a bezel from an old weapon light I had and added it to my 6z, basicly the same as a C2. Just older, I also added another o-ring. Equal I believe to an M-2. Just ask for a bezel for a classic series 674 carbine weapon light or 633R Barretta 92F light. It's looks pretty cool although I'm not sure it makes it any more durable as it's designed for weapon recoil as opposed to dropping.It also adds bulk, not much but noticable.

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
Are you talking about the older round style? Those have Lexan, the structural rigidity is not as strong and it's type HA type II. Good compromise though, I have a few of them and I like them.

If my life were in the line I'd choose the M2 bezel though.