finally decided on headlamp

rodhotter

Newly Enlightened
after lots of reading looks like the zebralight flood will do best working under vehicles, want a newer one so gotta do more lookin as many show out or backordered!! thanki to all posters teaching me

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
better to buy a spot model, and treat with a diffuser film...

you can always peel the film off, but a flood will always be a flood.

imho, Jim

Ps I just purchased a H600d on saturday!!!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
better to buy a spot model, and treat with a diffuser film...

you can always peel the film off, but a flood will always be a flood.

imho, Jim

Ps I just purchased a H600d on saturday!!!

I agree with this as working on cars often you have to look deep into a dark hole and a floody lamp will light up everything close brightly but not be bright in the dark deep hole area and the brightness close will shut down your eyes making things worse. With a somewhat throwy headlamp you can turn it down a mode or two and just light up what you need to and turn it on higher to throw into a hole and then turn it down again for closer spots. This has the addition of preserving battery life and in a pinch if you have 500-1000 lumens on high/turbo you can use it as a flashlight outdoors.
I have 2 headlamps a Fenix HL60R and a Wowtac A2S and both are very similar in output and beam but I lean towards my Wowtac for a few reasons in that it is a right angle removeable headlamp and has a more neutral tint, has a better UI for my purposes, and costs about half what the HL60R would have so if I need to replace it, it won't break my budget which makes it a lot easier for me to "risk" it being damaged by working using it around semi hazardous situations. I've dropped it from over 12 feet from lifts/ladders on a concrete floor several times but don't recommend thinking any headlamp would survive such a fall successfully.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto, great choice!

i use my hm61r everyday. literally every day. i wouldn't want to miss those features: magnetic charging, lighting while charging, lighting without(!) battery inside, magnetic tail, 1-click battery level indicator (4 levels), and clippable headband, and great headband. and physical reverse polarity protection. zero drain.

people work and live without these features just fine. me too for example i live happily without alexa siri in my life while my pal uses alexa voice-control all the effing time. yesterday i used incar voice control to set the navigation target while driving .. that was cool (because i never practiced it before) i must admit, and i would understand why my pal just doesn't want to live without alexa siri tech anymore. it is convenient and fun tech. If i ever have to buy a new headlamp (because the fenis got lost/stolen), i will look for those features .. or buy the hm61r again, if it is still available.

i never even mention the red light (2 brightness levels) because i have no use for it.

also , 2.0m drop resistance. ah never mind. zebra light will make you feel good. Highly matured, should live a long life.

Last edited: