Surefire M series head adaptor - help needed

Scott-S6

Newly Enlightened
I have the light in the picture below which has, I believe, an M2 head (there's a P60 lamp in there).

In one of those deals where you acquire a bunch of random bits I have acquired the head pictured which is from an M962 (it has the shock absorbing reflector and takes the MN10/11 lamps) and an LF M3-LED module which fits it.

I'd like to fit that head to my light and continue to run it with 2xCR123. I have found that LU10 adaptor would be the one I'd need to run with 3xCR123 but what is the adaptor I'd need for 2xCR123?

Any help is much appreciated (or if there is a guide to the various heads and adaptors that would also be great!)

7tx596nbtjg7ulv6g.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
A C-M adapter I believe. Try lumens factory. I have that M3 head on a C2

Scott-S6

Newly Enlightened
It definitely isn't a C-M (unless I combine that with another adaptor?) The body has internal threads, not external like a P/C/etc.

For reference, this LU10 adaptor has the correct threads for the head and body but also lengthens the light to 3-cell.
s-l225.jpg

What I need is something like this LU60 but with larger head threads like those on the LU10.
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I need is something like this LU60 but with larger head threads like those on the LU10.
s-l400.jpg
Well, that's what a C to M adapter is for.
I don't know every part SF ever made, but they didn't have 2 cell lights that used MN lamp assemblies, so wouldn't have had any reason for making a part to facilitate using 2 cells with a Millenium series head.

Scott-S6

Newly Enlightened
Apparently I'm being dense, thank you.

The threads on the LU60 adaptor match the body threads on a P/C/etc. With the M2 head being so much chunkier it had not occured to my to try it...

A C2M stacked onto an LU60 will do what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Latest posts