educate me on batteries

Stay Sharp

Newly Enlightened
In another thread I was looking for a specific light for drone search and rescue. Im trying a few but one light uses 21700 batteries. I can find them in 4000 mAh and 4800 and 5000. Im confused as to battery specs and these terms. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

archimedes

Flashaholic
The mAh rating refers to capacity.

But what's printed on the wrapper does not necessarily match what's contained within ... :ironic:

Stay Sharp

Newly Enlightened
More questions from a newb. I got 2 chargers. The larger one from nitecore when I bought the ec11 lights and the small came with the drone for the signal booster batteries. will these work with the 21700's

What are the active buttons for "C" and "V" Id expect them to mean current and voltage but why would I press either????
Lastly, what is the best and most reliable and dependable brands I should be looking for in batteries???

BrHiqzr.jpg

Ej3IPu1.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Tons and tons of great threads in this subforum on chargers, battery brands, charging techniques, etc. If you scroll through and check out some threads on topics of interest you will find a lot that will answer your questions. You can also use the search bar for your particular charger model and will likely find some threads on how to best use the various features.

nbp

Flashaholic
It says it has low voltage warning and protection so there's not really a need to have additional protection on the battery.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'd recommend protected cells, especially if you're brand new. I've had good luck with Nitecore and Fenix cells, but there are dozens of others. As mentioned, there are lots of great threads on here to research. Also, read up on care, handling, charging and storage of them. Best of luck.