Olight batteries S2R Baton II / H2R Nova - exchangeable?

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Apologies if there's a more Olight-specific place to ask: My H2R Nova headlamp came with a 186C30 battery rated 3000 mA hr. One of the reasons I've ordered an S2R Baton II is that it has a similar UI, and charging arrangement - now I will have a fall back if I break my charging cable, other than pulling the battery out and putting in an external charger. I assume the Baton charging cable will also work with the H2R, and maybe even charge a little faster.

The S2R comes with an 186C35 battery, rated 3500 mA Hr. Olight also says this is the battery for the Perun ( the Nova replacement).

Will I be able to swap batteries between the two lights? Since the 3500 mA hr costs the same as the 3000, is there any drawback to buying one spare 3500 that would be a backup for both the Baton and H2R? The Perun would also be a high drain light like the H2R, but Olight's Web site doesn't show the rated amps for the 186C35.

I'm not as worried about extending run time as just having a fall back in case a battery fails.

Bill
( who's been fidgeting for days, waiting for restock on the S2R which the Canadian vendor says "Any day now!")

Used to be an Olight forum, not sure why it disappeared.

The H2R has the ORB-186C30. The S2RII should come with an ORB-186C32 cell. Both are customized to have the dual connections at the top.

Normally it's a bad idea to use a different "special" cell (light blue wrap) in an Olight. Perhaps you'll think you are picking up more mAh, but the cell won't supply enough current, etc. But in this case I think both lights will like either cell. Neither light has any high-current needs. I think the 3200 cell is just a bit newer and higher capacity.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Used to be an Olight forum, not sure why it disappeared.

The H2R has the ORB-186C30. The S2RII should come with an ORB-186C32 cell. Both are customized to have the dual connections at the top.

Normally it's a bad idea to use a different "special" cell (light blue wrap) in an Olight. Perhaps you'll think you are picking up more mAh, but the cell won't supply enough current, etc. But in this case I think both lights will like either cell. Neither light has any high-current needs. I think the 3200 cell is just a bit newer and higher capacity.

Thanks! The S2R Baton II just came in this afternoon. My vendor (Flashlightworld.ca) was out of stock on the regular edition, but kindly offered me the titanium limited edition ("Spirit of Honor") at the same price. Of course I jumped at that. It's my first titanium flashlight and looks great, though it is nearly 20 grams heavier than the aluminum version. Canada Post even got it to me a day earlier than the tracking site indicated, in spite of COVID.

It came with a 3200 mAhr battery (186C32). After fully charging it, I tried it in the Nova and as you suspected, it doesn't allow turbo mode - protection circuit cuts out after a second or two. Nova battery works OK in the Baton, though.

The new charger seems to work well with the H2R, so now I have a spare.

I don't know why I thought the S2R had a 3500 mAHr cell - I will have to read the literature more closely.

Now I'm just waiting for dark - I might have to borrow the brother-in-law's dog and take it for a walk.

Bill