Wuben        
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Modern Technology and times

Default Re: Modern Technology and times

My secretary could do 60 WPM and out-type the typewriter, until I got her an IBM Select-type. To change the fonts, you changed the print ball.

My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Wow! been while since I`v seen an old Golf ball printer, I think the Daisy Wheel came next IIRC?

Pretty cool! I picked up an old IBM Selectric II from work. Mint. I have no use but didn't want to see it just get trashed.
    GOOD TINT!

I learned to touch type in high school on an electric typewriter with manual return and got up to 55 WPM. I did faster on a computer because I didn't have to take a hand off the keyboard to hit return which at times got me on the wrong keys for a second or two. I rarely write anything these days other than short notes as messing with a note program/app takes more effort for me than writing a line on a pad.
    I think the one huge step in tech was computer printers they were the game changer in printing as you could create or download text files and print them on demand. I think a new tech is around the corner 5 years out and that is projection tech on phones. Imagine a low res imaged of what is on your phone projected a few feet in front of you and a bluetooth remote. It would make reading things easier as you could project them to a lot larger size for easier reading, maybe even project movies and games from phones and tablets even.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Popular Mechanics predicted projection keyboards and screens from smart phones would be 'normal' in 10 years back around 2006. Still waiting……

The printer can now produce a heart, a gun, a traffic cone, all kinds of things. I'm still not on board with a 3D printer (as I'm still trying to learn how to program my vcr) but definitely admire the process.
    John 3:16

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910