• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Can't find good 18350's for my BOSS 70

delus

Newly Enlightened
I have had a black aluminum BOSS 70 for a couple years, and recently got a Brass BOSS 70. They told me it was the last one.
The problem is that I have only one set of 18350's that fit. I used to have four AW 18350 button top, but two of them bit the dust, and now I have only two good ones, need at least four.

Of course AW is out of business

So I wasted money on four Orbtronic 18350's. Two flat top and two button top. These just barely fit width-wise, and are hard to get out after I put them in. The flat-tops cannot be used in series, there's a gap between the contacts, And they are too long, the button top are more like eighteen-three-NINETY. So that's a no-go.
Next I thought to contact Oveready. but they are on vacation for a week.

It looks like nitecore has a button top 18350 that is just a little over 35mm long, and would fit.
Will it fit, and does anybody have any other ideas?

nbp

Flashaholic
I just put two Orbtronic 18350s in my BOSS 70 and they worked fine, so... ??

carrot

Flashaholic
I can't tell you that they'll work in yours but I use 2x18350 with KeepPower 1200mAh unprotected flat tops in mine.

rothnroll

Newly Enlightened
I have had a black aluminum BOSS 70 for a couple years, and recently got a Brass BOSS 70. They told me it was the last one.
The problem is that I have only one set of 18350's that fit. I used to have four AW 18350 button top, but two of them bit the dust, and now I have only two good ones, need at least four.

Of course AW is out of business

So I wasted money on four Orbtronic 18350's. Two flat top and two button top. These just barely fit width-wise, and are hard to get out after I put them in. The flat-tops cannot be used in series, there's a gap between the contacts, And they are too long, the button top are more like eighteen-three-NINETY. So that's a no-go.
Next I thought to contact Oveready. but they are on vacation for a week.

It looks like nitecore has a button top 18350 that is just a little over 35mm long, and would fit.
Will it fit, and does anybody have any other ideas?
How do you like the Brass BOSS 70? Looks really heavy!