SF X-Series : Differences on P2ZX and Z2X, etc.?

akula88

Enlightened
Hi.

I just just acquired some interest and had been back-reading a number of threads on the Surefire X-Series lights, but still have some questions :

- What are the basic difference between P2ZX versus Z2x? Do the have the same body with different markings?

- Tailcap - I have an OR McClicky, but it seems that it's spring is short, and does not function with my Fury.

Thanks.

lumensbadger

Newly Enlightened
Been running my Fury P2X 500 lumens version with the McClicky installed since 4 (?) years.

installation is no different to other Surefire endcaps.

Hope that helps.

Alex

lumensbadger

Newly Enlightened
But since we are talking Fury:

I have been tossing around the idea of legoing the Fury head on a Mini Scout / E-series body and run it on a single 16340 Keeppower high amp rechargeable. It will be serving as a HD weapon light - therefore runtime is a secondary consideration. Short bursts of light is the name of the game. If I run out of juice on the scout, I will default to a handheld.

Is anybody aware of a adapter / adapter ring for the X generation bezel to the E series body?

The x-series heads are fixed with loktite. But that can be overcome

akula88

Enlightened
Thanks for chiming in.

After this post, I run into this Korean SF review site. There was specific page on these comparison. Here is the translated link.

In summary, this is what it says :
Z2X and P2ZX are both X-series Fury combatlight bodies

Z2X had an older 320 lumens
P2ZX has a newer 500, then 600 lumens XM-L2 emitter. Head is also a bit longer, and has more pronounced anti-roll cuts.

출처: https://6dhfbnkcupmcuhj44fzbs75p4a-...fire-Combatlight-G2ZX-Z2X-and-P2ZX-comparison [Flashlight DNA]

akula88

Enlightened
But since we are talking Fury:

I have been tossing around the idea of legoing the Fury head on a Mini Scout / E-series body and run it on a single 16340 Keeppower high amp rechargeable. It will be serving as a HD weapon light - therefore runtime is a secondary consideration. Short bursts of light is the name of the game. If I run out of juice on the scout, I will default to a handheld.

Is anybody aware of a adapter / adapter ring for the X generation bezel to the E series body?

I'm not aware on a custom modder doing an adapter, but I believe is doable.

There is actually a Fury WML, known as the M620P model - but that's a 2-cell weaps light. It's a Fury head with factory-installed/built adapter on the E-series M6xx weapon-mount bodies. Fury can run under 3.7v Li-Ion batteries.