my `Big P60` thing?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I hope I can explain this properly and that someone can help here, I want to buy spare bulbs for my "big P60" (that`s my name for it).
I`v included a pic that may help, on the left is a regular D26 P60 incan dropin and I`v unscrewed the bulb so you can see the brass thread I`ll be refering to, and on the righjt is my `Big P60` with its bulb screwed out similarly.
as you can see the `Big P60` is twice the dia of the DD26 and it`s not a D36, so I have no idea what it is! LOL it was in my Ultrafire Wf-500.
Interestingly though the Bulb from the P60 will screw into the `Big P60` just fine, and it will work, but because the bulb is smaller and lower down in the reflector I get a big dounut hole beam! LOL
So... where can I get spare bulbs for this `Big P60` from or indeed the whole assembly if I have to, I don`t like having just One bulb and no spares.
Also, for bonus points, I`m sure it`s not called a "Big P60` so does it have a proper offcial name/number?

big-P60.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Looks like you will need a turbo tower incandescent. Like a surefire MN60 or lumens factory has them as well. But I don't know if they come apart. They sell without a reflector.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Do you know if they would have the same brass thread fitting as these? LF can be quite expensive and I wouldn`t want to make a mistake! :)

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Does the bulb come out of the base, such as a bi-pin would?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
no, both of them are stuck in there, quite a few P60 modules will unscrew like that but the bulbs are fixed in (though I hope to be woking on a mod like this later) .

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://airsoft-club.com/shop/flashl...xenon-500-lumens-wf-500-flashlight-spare-bulb

Since focal length of 1" D26 is different than 2" reflector, one bulb can not be used for other unless modify small one to go further in 2" reflector or big bulb go half way into 1" reflector.

D26 is 1" deep reflector, D36 is 1.5" reflector and WF500 is 2" (shallow) reflector.

If you Google search "Ultrafire WF-500 bulb" you will find more options.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
yeah, searching was the first thing I did and just like your link, most places are out of stock/discontinued or LED only Or you have to buy the whole light.
I just figured someone on here might know a place :)

simonsays

Newly Enlightened

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it`s pretty close (it`s actually better than the original) so I`v got 2 of them on the way now. Needless t say at that price I wont be using it as a Regular everyday light! LOL
I've just bought an ageing Ultra-fire WF600 from eBay for a tenner delivered. Unfortunately it's missing a bulb.... The seller hadnt realised and has kindly refunded me and let me keep the light. Any ideas? My 20 minute furtle around Google was no help at all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
That`s a tricky one, there`s not much info on the 600, and what there is is often conflicting, some say the WF500 bulb will work some say not. Is it just the bulb missing or is it the entire reflector assembly? if it`s just the bulb then unscrewing the bulb out a P60 module and seeing if that fits will be a good indication the 500 bulb will work too.
Beyond that I`v no idea :(

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
That`s a tricky one, there`s not much info on the 600, and what there is is often conflicting, some say the WF500 bulb will work some say not. Is it just the bulb missing or is it the entire reflector assembly? if it`s just the bulb then unscrewing the bulb out a P60 module and seeing if that fits will be a good indication the 500 bulb will work too.
Beyond that I`v no idea :(
http://imgur.com/gallery/frDyb8d

The reflector assembly is still there. This is what you see at the top of the flashlight body with the head removed. It looks like contact surfaces for two springs, an inner and an outer.

I'll have a play with some p60 drop ins

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
http://imgur.com/gallery/frDyb8d

The reflector assembly is still there. This is what you see at the top of the flashlight body with the head removed. It looks like contact surfaces for two springs, an inner and an outer.

I'll have a play with some p60 drop ins

Yup, if i unscrew the p60 reflector and wedge what's left in the head it produces light when it's all screwed back together. Not 'good' light obviously because the led isn't actually in the reflector but at least it proves a concept. When you're bulbs arrive would you mind taking some measurements for me?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Yup, if i unscrew the p60 reflector and wedge what's left in the head it produces light when it's all screwed back together. Not 'good' light obviously because the led isn't actually in the reflector but at least it proves a concept. When you're bulbs arrive would you mind taking some measurements for me?

Not a problem, I`ll be happy to measure what you need, though if the Brass threaded part with the rubber seal screws into the reflector just fine then these HO-R5 bulbs should work perfectly, but I`ll know more for sure when they arrive. :)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
When i look at the 1st pic,
and at the black bulb insert Ampdude postet,
and nothing "better" is available,
i would desolder the brass part from the original part and use it as "stop" for the black aftermarket bulb.

(If that does not work - too wide hole diameter - i would try to get a suitable screw-in ring, with smaller hole)

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Well I`v not seen a LED version for it, in fact I was lucky to get the incans for it because it`s pretty much obsolete now. Fortunately I have no shortage of LED lights if I needed more (I do have an LED P60 as well), but I prefer Incan for most indoor things.