Surefire Generation X (G2X, 6PX, P2X, etc.) Lego-bility

lumensbadger

Newly Enlightened
Hope nobody minds that I open a new thread on this topic.

I figured that this generation of Surefire lights has been around long enough for people to have tried stuff out.

I have been tossing around the idea of legoing the Fury head on a Mini Scout / E-series body and run it on a single 16340 Keeppower high amp rechargeable. It will be serving as a HD weapon light - therefore runtime is a secondary consideration. Short bursts of light is the name of the game. If I run out of juice on the scout, I will default to a handheld.

Is anybody aware of a adapter / adapter ring for the X generation bezel to the E series body?

The x-series heads are fixed with loktite. But that can be overcome with heat and the right tools.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if it would work, but how about an X to M adapter (Lemns Factory) and then an M to E/Scout adapter (Malkoff)?

Are the X series internals considered durable enough for rifle mounting?

Last edited:

lumensbadger

Newly Enlightened
That would be an idea. But too many adapters are somewhat too much Lego.

there was / is a Surefire M600P that uses the P2X head with some sort of an adapter.

Otherwise, the stability of the X generation as weapon mounted lights was hotly debated after their release.

I used my fury in a ring mount and never had problems with it despite the lack of a spring between the led electronics and the battery. I guess it's a personal choice whether to mount an X generation light to a weapon.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the Fury but the 6px and G2x heads aren't removable. Only the tail caps are swappable. The thread patterns might not be anything like the old faithful surefires and their adaptors

if as mentioned they don't have head springs, i couldn't recommend for a weapon light due too recoil.

Last edited:

ten5three

Newly Enlightened
I don't know of any adapters out there for the X-series lights that will do what you mention. The only compatible lego parts that I know about, and have used, are the Lumens factory X to P60 heads, Oveready, and Fivemegas bodies. I've made a few X-series lego's to that extent, but haven't run into anything that will mate a X-series head to an E-series body.

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
The head of my G2X MV is glued, I tried to soften the glue by heating the head with hot water but no luck...

ten5three

Newly Enlightened
The head of my G2X MV is glued, I tried to soften the glue by heating the head with hot water but no luck...

While others have said they've been able to remove Surefire heads with hot water, I've never been able to. I've always had to use a heat gun and two strap wrenches. Normally, I have to wrap one strap around the head, then put that in a bench vice, then turn the other. That normally cracks them open. Also, when the red loctite finally breaks, you still need the strap wrench to unscrew it fully. They're normally pretty rough until you get past the o-ring.

rrego

Enlightened
Just depends on your light.

I was able to remove, by hand, head of:
P2X Fury (no spring head)
G2X Fire Rescue (bright yellow)
P2X Defender
G2Z Maxvision
6PX Defender

I have my P2X head on the G2Z MV body and the MV head on the P2X body.

The P2X Defender head on the Fire Rescue (yellow) body and vice versa.
6PX Defender is still stock

I could not remove heads from black, yellow, orange Fire Rescue, and 6PX single mode lights.

akula88

Enlightened
My X-Series P60 host.

2hhEmN8.jpg