Recommendations for elegant lights. Style like muyshondt, but better quality

baxbad

Newly Enlightened
Im looking to get a nice elegant carry light. I have looked into muyshondt, but have been turned off by many bad reviews. I know there are a lot of options out there but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

nbp

Flashaholic
Muyshondt lights are very good, but if they don't do it for you there are other options as well.

What are you looking for more specifically? Desired battery size, output, beam pattern (reflector, optic, single emitter, triple, etc), user interface, host material, would be helpful.

baxbad

Newly Enlightened
budget is around 500. When I say elegant I am mostly referring to the clean and pretty design. modernistic in style I guess.

nbp

Flashaholic
McGizmo, Okluma, Prometheus Lights are several high end makers I have personal experience with and definitely recommend. Oveready lights are more rugged use lights but the BOSS comes in a variety of metals with different finishes and in my opinion is a very elegant light. I love mine. Sigma Customs are very well regarded also.

archimedes

Flashaholic
My personal favorite in that range is TranquillityBase, but for something currently readily available, it would be difficult to do better than McGizmo.

Also check out:
- CKF Rama Raz (there may still be some of these available, it was a limited run);
- LUX-RC.com (specifically the Artifact 2020 light; this one is truly beautiful).
- CWFCustomFlashlights.com (tightly limited small production runs; most of these are snapped up by folks who subscribe to the newsletter/mailing list).