LM Toolworks x PhotonX Grand Tala

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tala is a light I've been developing with Leo of LM Toolworks. Originally introduced to CPF here, the Tala is a tail clicky flashlight with a throwy emitter in an McR20 reflector, surrounded by 8 E17A LEDs.

The plan is to have the Tala line made in the US on CNC, and a high end Grand Tala line, handmade and engraved by Leo himself. I'm super excited to announce the very first Grand Tala is complete and will be available via auction on the LM Toolworks FB group this weekend.

Here is Leo's description:
Finally!

May I introduce the first Grand Tala, featuring a hand engraved arabesque theme. This is the torch that I have been staying up late for more than a month working on it. From conceptualizing the design, machining the body on my manual lathe, to drawing the layout with a scriber directly on the torch, and then finally engraving.

It was very humbling being able to create a piece of this caliber. It's by far my most intricate work, with 30 flowers, each topped with a flower bud of .99 fine silver. Theres fine silver inlayed in the brass and the head is lightened by a series of teardrops stylized as arches and trellises to continue the theme and improve heat sinking.

The Tala is a torch concept developed with Simon and myself. The light features a throw emitter in a top of the line McR20 reflector and 8 x E17A LEDs around it in mule format for flood. This is the very first Tala being available to the public, and ithe first Grand Tala. It will be available via auction in my facebook group LM Toolworks over the weekend.

Have a great day and stay safe.

And here's some pictures:

02RyVgZ.jpg

T2juMrD.jpg
7jy9CTh.jpg
LxH0rP1.jpg
MPqA4Lo.jpg
mNlbsQp.jpg

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is insane! I would love just a plain and hopefully "cheaper" version of this light! It looks like the best dual beam light yet!

nbp

Flashaholic
Good gravy that is beautiful! You don't even need to put functional electronics in that one, it won't ever leave the buyer's house!

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leo is working on a new Grand Tala collab that will be made available this weekend, here's a teaser with some WIP Abalone shell that is going to be used for inlays
nryzUTK.jpg