5 flashlights you are expecting or looking forward to in 2021?

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Personally, I've gravitated toward single cell small EDC lights with side switches (D4v2, Sofrin I25, ZL SC700D, SC64w) and tail switches (Fw4a, Kr1vn). What's next down the pipeline you are looking forward to so I can save my bitcoin?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I`v focused mainly on completing my Ican wishlist this year and I`m waiting on 2 more lights (in the post) and then I`m pretty much Out for a while, I want to start concentrating on my Music again. I think 100+ lights is enough for now ;)

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Most of these don't exists yet (and maybe never will?):

1) Fenix PD36TAC (this is listed in the 2021 Fenix PDF catalog)

2) I'd love for Hank Wang to produce a 21700 EDC not much bigger than the legendary D4v2

3) I'd love for Surefire to make a new Backup that takes a 21700 cell....really I'd love for SF to just make anything in 21700!

4) ZebraLight 800 series (21700 cell but with a head size similar to the 600 series)

5) Malkoff Hound Dog & Wildcat 1x21700 body tubes

I guess I have a theme going there

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any information on what flashlight are coming out or not. But I would love an extremely rugged 21700, high CRI and 3 to 5k kelvin duty flashlight, and with extremely rugged I'm speaking of 2m or higher drop protection, like Armytek offers.
700 mid, 1500 high and 3000 turbo with a solid run time would be wild as well. A simple and reliable UI, just don't give me a bloody strobe button.
Ah...Dreams~

The Hawk

Enlightened
I just ordered a Maglite ML300L LED 4D cell. It is rated at 1002 lumens on high with a run time of 5 hours. Eco mode lasts 18 days. Sounded like something I "needed".

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I don't have any information on what flashlight are coming out or not. But I would love an extremely rugged 21700, high CRI and 3 to 5k kelvin duty flashlight, and with extremely rugged I'm speaking of 2m or higher drop protection, like Armytek offers.
700 mid, 1500 high and 3000 turbo with a solid run time would be wild as well. A simple and reliable UI, just don't give me a bloody strobe button.
Ah...Dreams~

YES.....we are in agreement.

SO MUCH THIS

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Maglite ML300L LED 4D cell. It is rated at 1002 lumens on high with a run time of 5 hours. Eco mode lasts 18 days. Sounded like something I "needed".
An impact "tool" with flashlight features is always needed somewhere.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold some lights to fully fund an HDS Rotary so the 6 Henry weeks wait has begun on that, hopefully will get it before camping season begins.
Also have a Jetbeam RRT01 on backorder. Hope they don't cancel it, so I can compare the rotary UI's.

Also have a handful of cheap and colorful Sofrin hiCRI AAA lights, which have arrived in the US and are hopefully still moving towards Virginia and not stuck in the back of a frozen truck somewhere. :cool:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hopefully the MagTac2 shown at SHOT show 2020 will be a reality this year.

And I look forward to future Malkoff group buys. I've gotten a few nifty drop in modules from those over the years.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just waiting for my # to come up for a Fraz labs light.
After that, not needing much, although a high lumen, floody 21700
light might be nice.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
None that I know of. Sometimes, news comes out first on the German flashlight forum, or the Russian flashlight forum, or the Chinese flashlight forum.

Can you link me to some of those? The Chinese one specifically? I can't read anything other than English but I can always use Google Translate. I'm trying to get some info about the Fenix PDR36TAC that is listed in the 2021 PDF catalog

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff 21700 hosts (or third-party releases of the same). Wireless 2.0 and plugless battery compartments from Fraz Labs. That is about it as far as wishful expectations go...

nbp

Flashaholic
I got in line to have Sigma Customs spin a light for me, so quite looking forward to that when the time comes. Will eat up a good chunk of the flashlight budget for a while though. Hah

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold some lights to fully fund an HDS Rotary so the 6 Henry weeks wait has begun on that, hopefully will get it before camping season begins.
Also have a Jetbeam RRT01 on backorder. Hope they don't cancel it, so I can compare the rotary UI's.

Also have a handful of cheap and colorful Sofrin hiCRI AAA lights, which have arrived in the US and are hopefully still moving towards Virginia and not stuck in the back of a frozen truck somewhere. :cool:

*edit* Update Sofrin C01, C01s, C01r bought 31Jan'21 arrived 20Feb'21 :thumbsup:
I find it moderately amusing I ordered one of the most expensive production lights and one of the cheapest at about the same time. I will probably use the cheap one more and they probably will both be used alot at sub-10 lumen levels. If I had ordered 70ea of C01 instead of the HDS for the same price, I could have had 70 levels from 6lm to 420lm of HiCri light! Although it would take a while to twist your way to 420lm, and battery replacement would be an all day affair. :D

Last edited: