Pinpoint flashlight?

ultrarunner2015

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys;
I am looking for a flashlight that can direct a tiny beam into my Jabra earbuds. I am having issues with them, and want to find out whether there is anything inside the bud. I need to shine the light into the tiny hole the sound comes out of. I have several lights, but none of them can direct such a focused beam.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ultrarunner

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pinpoint + Flashlight + modern times = LEP.

Seems like an excessive thing to buy for solely one purpose, but if you really need an ultra focused beam of light, hard to beat LEPs like the TK30 Fenix or Weltool W3. There is also the Manker MC13 which uses an optic and is fairly condensed.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
existing flashlight, a piece of duct tape, and a needle...

Hey guys;
I am looking for a flashlight that can direct a tiny beam into my Jabra earbuds. I am having issues with them, and want to find out whether there is anything inside the bud. I need to shine the light into the tiny hole the sound comes out of. I have several lights, but none of them can direct such a focused beam.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ultrarunner

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use a fiber optic cable to redirect some light from a flashlight. That should be fairly "Pinpoint". I think I've even seen fiber optic adapters sold for flashlights.

An alternative solution would be a supercontinuum white light laser. I would say lets first give the fiber optic a try.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You might be able to use a gun bore light. It's a light with a bend acrylic rod to direct the light.

04540-E79-C444-4-A96-9-F51-FA55307-FBB28.jpg

Last edited:

ultrarunner2015

Newly Enlightened
Yea, I guess I am going a bit far to inspect a pair of $150 earbuds. I would expect that LEP to cost at least that much. Perhaps the fiber optic attachment would be a better option, and could be useful for other things.
Turns out the Jabra Elite Active 75t earbuds I am trying to inspect do not have a problem with earwax buildup, or anything else in the audio canal; it's a heat buildup issue that Jabra hasn't fixed yet.

nbp

Flashaholic
Also a very intense light on an object point blank a few inches from your face will probably be quite blinding and washed out. Like the other guys said you actually only need a small amount of light in a very small area not a lot of light in a small area.

What about those little funnels that go on doctors' lights for looking in ears and noses? Maybe you can get one of those online and fit it to a light you already have?

You might want to experiment with the cheapskate's method: use a hole punch to remove a small circle from an otherwise opaque or translucent piece of plastic (an old credit card perhaps, or something similar), then taping the filter over the lens of a "regular" light. The hole should limit the beam width to a serviceable width...