I need help understanding how to pick the right batteries.

baxbad

Newly Enlightened
So I have purchased my first lights that are not olights. And they are quite a bit more expensive so I want to ensure that I load them with the proper cells. I know what size battery they take but what I am unsure of is the specifications around being protected vs unprotected, the amperage, the mAh, whether they need to be high drain or not etc... The lights I am speaking of are tains. one is an 18350, AA, and cr123.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I have purchased my first lights that are not olights. And they are quite a bit more expensive so I want to ensure that I load them with the proper cells. I know what size battery they take but what I am unsure of is the specifications around being protected vs unprotected, the amperage, the mAh, whether they need to be high drain or not etc... The lights I am speaking of are tains. one is an 18350, AA, and cr123.

Buddy, you need to be specific.

You're asking us to guess your shoe size.

Post pictures of your lights, if you're unable to read the brand, or model numbers.

Chris

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look like they were made in small batches by a craft maker. I think your best bet is to contact the maker and ask what they recommend. They should be well versed in battery and protection technology as well as the specifics of the light you have, and as such should be in good position to recommend appropriate batteries.

Anything that anyone else says should be taken to be in addition to what the maker says.

tripplec

Enlightened
True Protected Cells are longer by default. May or may not fit if the length cannot be accommodated. If so go for protected if they will fit