convoy s2+ thrower with tir lens

lx5fq

Newly Enlightened
Hello people!
i want to start a project flashlight, using a convoy s2+ with sst20 or kw cslmn1. tg led and a 20mm 5 degree tir lens to make a small diameter thrower. the ideal endproduct would be a small diameter flashlight with almost 0 spill and good throw. i found some 20mm tir lens vendor on aliexpress, but i do not know which one is a good brand. Also, there is not so much info on what kind of leds they can acomodate.
The cslnm led is much smaller then the sst20, but i do not know if the tir lens will do its magic with a smaller footprint led. Can you give me some poiners please? i really don't know much about tir lens, and the info i found online is way too advanced for me to understand.
so what would you use?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Honestly, the SST20 on an S2+ smooth reflector has an absurdly tight hotspot, like 3 degrees or less. The Osram emitter should be pure pinpoint spot with the reflector alone. Sharp angle TIRs are more suited for getting throw off of big floody emitters like the SST40 or LH351D.

I'd say ask for both a smooth reflector and a separate 5º TIR, and try both out to see what result is best for you. With the centering ring, the TIR should work just fine.

Latest posts