Thermal adhesive advice

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering what everyone uses to secure the mcpcb when there's no mechanical mounting. How do you secure the mcpcb on a d26 module?
I've used arctic alumina epoxy in the past but I can't seem to find any.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering what everyone uses to secure the mcpcb when there's no mechanical mounting.
MG Chemicals 8329TCF/TCM series of thermal epoxy adhesives. 5-45 minute working time (5 min may not allow enough time to properly center a board).

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used Arctic Silver, which is electrically conductive. AA is not, but that may not be important. Is that still available?

There's a youtuber called TechIngredients that came up with a mixture that he tested and showed to be better than commercial products by a bunch. He sells it on his website. He uses a combination of diamond, dendritic copper, and something else. Graphene maybe? If you're a techie, it's a pretty interesting channel.

Last edited:

Aepoc

Enlightened
Just realized AA is no more... RIP. I used to use it on every light i built basically. I hope my last tubes are still good and that the replacement works well

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA only lasts about a year, or so, after that tube A (white) is still ok, but tube B, turns into thick paste that is impossible to dispense, or mix properly. Even if you find someone selling it today, do not buy, they have not been manufactured for years, so it is old stock, useless now.