HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the most reliable AAA keychain light?

Default Re: What is the most reliable AAA keychain light?

My 30+ year old Maglite solitaire might be considered reliable by now.
    The LED version turns 10 next year.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Oregon
    Very consistent output. You will get almost 1.5hrs with an Energizer Lithium.

Last edited by jon_slider; 02-26-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks Jon, much appreciated
    ... is the archimedes peak

Enlightened

I've had two AAA maratacs fail on me so I would not say they are entirely reliable. They've never been dropped and they were mostly either sitting on my counter or on my keychain when they were in my edc rotation. I still have one AAA maratac but it's no longer in my rotation.

On the other hand, my SF TItan Plus is still going strong so that is my vote.
    Last edited by LogansRun; 02-27-2021 at 01:12 AM.
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS 60GT, Zebralight SC600w MKIV Plus. EDC rotation: Lumintop Geek, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Thanks Jon, much appreciated
    glad if it helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansRun View Post
    I've had two AAA maratacs fail on me
    sorry to hear that, failed in what way?

Ive had 8 aaa Maratacs, and they all work. The only time they had an issue (flicker and mode skipping), was when I overlubricated. Wiping out the excess lube, solved the issue.

hope that helps you fix your lights

Flashaholic

I've had the Fenix E05 on my keychain for about 6 years. The lens is all scratched up, and the anodizing is worn some, but the light hasn't quit yet. Sorry no clicky switch or strobe modes.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post

sorry to hear that, failed in what way?

Ive had 8 aaa Maratacs, and they all work. The only time they had an issue (flicker and mode skipping), was when I overlubricated. Wiping out the excess lube, solved the issue.

hope that helps you fix your lights
    Both just stopped working. I tried cleaning / relubing the threads, cleaning the contacts and using different, new AAA eneloops. I even tried a fresh AAA alkaline. Light didn't come on at all. A friend of mine also told me the AAA maratac I gave him also stopped working. Maybe I got a bad batch.
    Last edited by LogansRun; 02-28-2021 at 01:57 AM.
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS 60GT, Zebralight SC600w MKIV Plus. EDC rotation: Lumintop Geek, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Quote Originally Posted by LogansRun View Post
    Both just stopped working. I tried cleaning / relubing the threads, cleaning the contacts and using different, new AAA eneloops. I even tried a fresh AAA alkaline. Light didn't come on at all. A friend of mine also told me the AAA maratac I gave him also stopped working. Maybe I got a bad batch.
    or maybe the pill worked itself deeper into the head, from the action of twisting on and off, and now the body tube does not quite reach the pill..

the solution is to unscrew the pill half a turn..

here was another case of that type of issue (use the link to see some photos):

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame
    Having trouble with my Jetusolis.

it is not functioning at all. I've tried running it on an Eneloop, a fresh alkaline, and a fresh lithium battery… did it perish?
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5440621

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider
    1. IF the pill got turned in too tight (can happen from normal loading and unloading batteries, and from tightening the head for normal operation and mode changes)

UnScrew the pill, 1/2 turn, and check if the light works after that. Unscrewing brings the contact ring closer to the end of the body tube, making it easier for it to make contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Success! Thanks, Jon! I was just about to give up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12