best bags and a way to clean up litter of jerks? i rsn into this a few days ago

Quillz

Newly Enlightened
I use the Husky brand contractor cleanup bags from Home Depot and they hold up pretty well for junk cleanup.They run about $18 for 32 bags, kind of pricey but they are 3mil bags with flap ties instead of flimsy drawstrings.They are 42 gallon bags though, might get kind of heavy depending on the junk you fill it with.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've been using the Sam's Club (members mark) 39 gallon trash bags and they hold up rather well at about 1mil or so hard to rip and 90/box for about $18 but since we went to the rolling trash cans and I started using Tshirt shopping bags in my small waste baskets plus recycling trash can and mulch leaves with the mower instead of raking them and a box used to last me about a year and a half now lasts 4-5 years or so.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are beautiful places I actively avoid, simply because every visit to them turns into a cleanup project.
There's only so much I have time for when backpacking, but any time I dayhike near popular spots I go in expecting to pick up a lot of trash. I carry a couple of contractor bags and several pairs of nitrile gloves. There's an easily accessible area, one of the prettiest in my state, where it's not unusual to find the typical mix of children's clothes, cans, and bottles, but also dirty diapers, bloody tampons, and used condoms(my "favorite" was finding all of those last 3 in the same spot...great visual:barf:).
Don't forget the disposable gloves!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for the input everyone man its so hard to get back there i have ni idea how the trash leaverss got out there.