• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB Malkoff MD2 empty tube, body, or complete flashlight (original knurling)

x73rmin8r

Newly Enlightened
It looks like I got interested in Malkoffs just slightly too late. They recently changed the knurling pattern on the MD2 to a kind of swirl instead of the classic 6P style knurling, but I'm much more attached to the original look. Knowing them I bet the new pattern functions better, but it doesn't really work for me.

Anybody got a decent condition original style MD2 empty tube, body, or complete flashlight with any drop-in they would like to part with?

Edit: an awesome CPF member hooked me up with a tube, should get here pretty soon. So thanks a bunch, I think I'm all set.

Last edited:

x73rmin8r

Newly Enlightened
I did :(

They were nice enough to humor me asking if they could have a look in the back for an original style tube, even a blemished one, but no dice.

Moving forward they're going to be the new style.

x73rmin8r

Newly Enlightened
That's my understanding.

I believe the MD3 and MD4 tubes are still going to have the original knurling according to their product images, at least for now.

They must have switched for a reason, maybe the new knurling is functionally better, or maybe they just wanted to give their lights a more specific style and differentiate them from the 6P look.

Ideally I'd like them to offer both, but that would have to make machining them more complicated. I bet most of their customers don't care about this nearly as much as I do, either.

daffy

Enlightened
I've got an MD2 tube if you want to pay postage from Australia.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M61 MD Flashlight page still shows the old knurling though. Unless they are slow to update the pics.

Last edited:

sykkel

Newly Enlightened
Mod Edit: Please start a separate WTB if you are in need of items. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: