StreamLight Wedge!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting, but the lumens are too high.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read about this the other day. It looks like a good design, but my guess is the tint will be the usual 6000-7000k; can't do it.

Last edited:

340pd

Newly Enlightened
The shape appeals to me but I would prefer a different output setup.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I know I am in the minority as a flashlight guy but I have NEVER even once had much use for moonlight modes....in fact I generally find less than 100 lumen kind of useless....and I would prefer 200+ almost all the time. And this is someone whose first really good flashlight was a 65 lumen Surefire 6P!

340pd

Newly Enlightened
I know I am in the minority as a flashlight guy but I have NEVER even once had much use for moonlight modes....in fact I generally find less than 100 lumen kind of useless....and I would prefer 200+ almost all the time. And this is someone whose first really good flashlight was a 65 lumen Surefire 6P!

That is what makes this hobby interesting. 95% of my flashlight use is 10 lumens or less.
I also started with a 6P and a couple years ago added a Malkoff drop-in. It is a perfect bedside light.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else thinking this looks interesting?

Yes, I think it looks like a very interesting and potentially very good, useful, practical design. I'm not certain I actually need one, but that won't stop me from at least considering acquiring one. It appears to be a sufficiently good all-round light design that most anyone could use the heck out of it. I didn't really need the Stinger 2020 I recently picked up, but I found it very interesting as well and wanted to see how SL did with a, shall we say advanced / new / different design. I'm beyond impressed with what they did with that one and am very happy I bought it, so I figure the same might be true with the Wedge. When many manufacturers try to 'think outside the box', they just fall off the wagon and roll off into the ditch - failing miserably and turning out something, well, 'stupid'. My experience so far is that in SL's case, they tend to do their research and homework very well and turn out very well thought-out, good designs when they try something 'new and different'. The 2020 has taught me a few things about flashlight design, and surprised me on several counts, I can tell you that! That 2020 taught me that if I'M able to think outside the box a little better myself, SL can surprise me and show me a thing or two!

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
5.46in is a little too long for pocket carry IMO.
I expect stepless output control from a dial switch or at least 4-stage low/med/hi/turbo setting.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
300 lumens with a listed 69 meters of beam distance must be VERY floody. I actually prefer floody on lights I use for everyday use. I think a 300 lumen floody beam would be great for working (not leisure purposes) and would even be helpful for illuminating crevices during the daytime. I'd guess it will probably put out around 1500cd. However, I hesitate to purchase any light that doesn't have a user replaceable battery design. I also prefer a tail switch on my smaller lights... it also forces me to hold the light higher which helps with floody lights when half the beam is obscured by a chair or rail.

I really wish SF and SL listed their widths for their rectangular lights (e.g. SF Stiletto specs only give the bezel diameter which is often larger than the body's depth). Personally, I would LOVE to have a AA sized bezel (floody) with a side by side 2x14500 battery setup, that had around 4 modes between 5 lumen and 800 lumen turbo, a tail forward clicky with momentary, and a way to activate the highest setting with one click and momentary high. Basically a SF Stilleto with 2x14500 would do me fine.

I appreciate the 5 lumen modes for when walking at night and just need to illuminate something in my path without blinding my night vision. I also understand why people like the moonlight modes (sub 1 lumen), but I never use them... although I might turn on my phone screen if I really need super low light.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
For me the size looks perfect but I am used to carrying 6P and slightly smaller sized lights in pocket. What I don't like is cool white tints and I HATE the way StreamLight just calls almost all their LEDS "C4". That Surefire like habit of HIDING the LED specs/info is some real unhelpful BS. Still I look forward to reviews on this in the coming months. This could be a nice backup carry to my "real lights".

Last edited:

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I EDC an s2+
.940 diameter , 4.6" long.

Interesting light... The form factor is intriguing but I am staying with swappable cells

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shorttime

Newly Enlightened
I like a lot about this. I carry a flashlight at work regularly, and it looks like it would solve a lot of the binding problems I have with getting my light in and out of my pocket when I have my gloves on.

I have my doubts about the switch. I'm pretty sure that people are going to have those switching on in their pockets.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
" I have my doubts about the switch. I'm pretty sure that people are going to have those switching on in their pockets."

Yes. Probably why 1000 lumens shuts off after 35 seconds. Lol

holygeez03

Enlightened
Color Temp and Tint?

For EDC, I would want 1 to 300 lumen modes

While I love the USB-C standard, and half of my devices these days use it, USB Micro is still more common in my universe when in a pinch... both USB-C and Micro ports would be cool.

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened

You never use your light to read something in a car while someone else is driving?

Or in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom without turning on blinding lights?