Wuben        

Thread: Music and Musician Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flashaholic*

Popcorn Music and Musician Discussion Thread

I just figured that this could be a supplement to the popular "music to the marrow" thread where people could discuss music and artists. If the powers that be think it is a bad ideal or if there is another thread like it please just take it down. I guess technically I started it, but officially I want someone else to kick it off and see where it goes, so you all jump in there if this thread is useful.
    Last edited by greenpondmike; 02-25-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Default Re: Music and Artist discussion thread

one of my fav bands https://youtu.be/c2nJK_6idQM
    Last edited by raggie33; 02-24-2021 at 12:00 AM.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Flashaholic*

Hi raggie33. Thanks for jumping in there.
    Last edited by greenpondmike; 03-09-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Flashaholic*

Well, if no one else is going to post I'll post again. Yeah raggie33, that band you posted seems like they have talent. I never heard of them before until now, but it looks like they have been around for 30 years. You have to be good to last that long. On some of my favorite bands they made good music and looked like they were having a good time, but there was a lot of friction behind the scenes. A lot of good artists have also passed on like Cory Wells (RIP) of the three dog night.

Flashaholic*

I wish the eagles would let Don Felder come back. Some of the best guitar work I've ever heard was when him and Joe Walsh did some guitar weaving while at a concert in Seattle Washington back in 1976. The song was "turn to stone".

I'm hoping more of yall would join in. Surely I'm not the only one that wants to discuss (or talk about) music and artists.
    Last edited by greenpondmike; 02-24-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpondmike View Post
    Well, if no one else is going to post I'll post again. Yeah raggie33, that band you posted seems like they have talent. I never heard of them before until now, but it looks like they have been around for 30 years. You have to be good to last that long. On some of my favorite bands they made good music and looked like they were having a good time, but there was a lot of friction behind the scenes. A lot of good artists have also passed on like Cory Wells (RIP) of the three dog night.
    they came out before metalica if im recalling right. metalica in one video had a trouble tshirt on.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Today I had Elvis Costello "Get Happy" in the player. When in my skateboarding hey day Elvis was huge. He put out a bunch of records back to back but for years I could not find which one had the song Opportunity from back around '79 or 80. At one point I even questioned if it were even him that did it. Not one person I knew in the 90's forward knew what I was talking about.

Then one day in a music store the 'album' Get Happy was in the used CD section for like $3. Hoah, Nelly the second song is titled Opportunity. Could it be 'that song'? My truck had a tape player so it was an hour before I arrived home and……yesssssssss!! Finally!! I'm not crazy, it really did exist. It also contains several other hits and just flat out Elvis Costello nuggets. King Horse, B Movie, 5 Gears in Reverse, Hi Fidelity, Can't Stand Up for Falling Down, Man Called Uncle and others.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 02-24-2021 at 07:55 PM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    they came out before metalica if im recalling right. metalica in one video had a trouble tshirt on.
    Oh, ok. They've been around for a good while.